As Black-Owned Banks Struggle, Community Sounds Alarm

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Much ado about nothing, if your bank is a Fed backed bank, it isn't a black owned bank, its a black run bank.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Ppl use the black church as a scapegoat for many problems of the "black community " which I guess is easy for them to do because they dislike the church anyways. Investing in black banks is absolutely a noble goal , although the idea that if the church isn't putting all their assets in black owned banks they aren't supporting black economics is totally unfair. Buying from black owned business, giving ppl jobs , giving scholarships are all ways that black churches cycle dollars thru and within the community

MANY CHURCHES EMPLOY THEIR MEMBERS THROUGH CHURCH OWNED BUSINESSES. PERFECTING CHURCH IN DETROIT IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE. THEY HAVE A HUGE CONGREGATION AND THEY PUT SOME TO WORK.

GREATER GRACE HAS GOTTEN INTO HOUSING FOR THEIR MEMBERS. WHEN THINGS WENT BAD IN DETROIT THESE PASTORS WERE STEPPING UP IN A MAJOR WAY.

THE CHURCH CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The government didnt want to bail the banks they HAD!! To bail them, we are talking Trillions in assets which would fukk uo the whole economy.
:dahell:I didnt say they "wanted" to. I understand the macro effects that would have occured if those institutions failed which could not be allowed

but whatever, my point was that the government infuses emergency funds into places they feel need to be sustained.

Given the fact that black americans built all the wealth of this country for free i dont see why its hard to justify bailing out a couple lil black financial institutions which are clearly facing a crisis at this point in time :yeshrug:

But we already know..:mjpls:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
If you know of any Black banks, let the brehs know up in here.

We're all over the country.

This is the biggest crisis to the black community by far. Access to capital has ramifications for everything.

- Housing loans for homes ( biggest determining factor in wealth)

- business startups ( which expands opportunities for employment and wealth).

This is so important for us to rally around.

Truth.com