As Black-Owned Banks Struggle, Community Sounds Alarm

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
MAN SHUT THE fukk UP WITH THAT DUMB shyt. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE CHURCHES KEEP THEIR MONEY. OL SPECULATING ASS nikka. POST SOME RECEIPTS (LITERALLY) OR SHUT THE fukk UP.

CHURCHES PUT MONEY INTO OUR COMMUNITY. YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU AIN'T IN THE COMMUNITY DOING ANYTHING. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T GO TO CHURCH SPEAKING ON WHAT THE CHURCH IS OR ISN'T DOING. IF YOU AIN'T GOT NO COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS YOU NEED TO NOT SPEAK ON THE CHURCH'S CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANY COMMUNITY.

:russ:

Breh, stop it. I've put in major work in the community over the years with a variety of organizations.

The simple fact remains: these churches are hauling in money on Sundays and depositing in white banks on Mondays.

Those same white banks then get on their :mjpls: and will not lend out that same money to our people for home loans or business loans.

Let's keep it real. If Black churches were depositing that money in Black banks, the capitalization problem wouldn't likely exist.

The Black church is by far the largest financial institution in the Black community.

And it has failed us in that regard.

Last edited:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
I have an account with OneUnited on 79th:manny:

Along with my main credit union account

If the black banks fold because of inactivity I don't even wanna hear another nikka talk to me about black economics ever again

My grandpa use to work at OneUnited..he told me(bless his soul) a lot of the people who used these Black banks back in the day moved to the burbs and started using Chase,Bank Of America, etc

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
:russ:

Breh, stop it. I've put in major work in the community over the years with a variety of organizations.

The simple fact remains: these churches are hauling in money on Sundays and depositing in white banks on Mondays.

Those same white banks then get on their :mjpls: and will not lend out that same money to our people for home loans or business loans.

Let's keep it real. If Black churches were depositing that money in Black banks, the capitalization problem wouldn't likely exist.

The Black church is by far the largest financial institution in the Black community.

Those same white banks use our black dollars to help pay for developers to gentrify us
:francis:
When you follow the money long enough we finance our own genocide in more ways than we usually realize
:dwillhuh:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
people who are linked to black banks need to market to the community so they can thrive, rather then wait for people to walk thru the door

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We need our heavy hitters to help us out. Our athletes, entertainers, and bussiness people have to pump as much capital as they can. They wont of course.....so these banks are finished.
Thats part of it. I also feel like the government should do their part in "bailing out" these black banks same way they did for all the other :mjpls: financial institutions

I dont see why the black banks cant also get some :feedme:

Sidenote - this def the type of thread that should be in the Root

why the need for all caps breh @MR. SNIFLES :gucci:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I8CZK.gif

Why don't they just merge with each other and consolidate :mindblown:

Instead of having two dozen small to mid tier banks, aim for 3 or 4 big ones. We don't need that many choices.

Every industry has mergers and consolidations when they're in trouble (think about the banks during the recession or media/communication companies in recent years). This seems to be obvious solution, especially since both the target customers served by these banks as well as employees all have the same background.

A lot of buyouts/consolidation is expected in the industry again too.

We could get squeezed out :francis:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why they can join together. like those six in New Orleans can form to make a big one

I don't think Liberty joined or consolidated with other banks. They were simply supported enough to place various banks across the southeast region.

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Those same white banks use our black dollars to help pay for developers to gentrify us
:francis:
When you follow the money long enough we finance our own genocide in more ways than we usually realize
:dwillhuh:

Right!

That's what I want breh to see! If you follow the money, the Black Church has failed us as a financial institution.

No person in his or her right mind can prove otherwise.

The Black Church is the leading financial institution in the Black community, even more so than the Black banks.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
A survey of entrepreneurs by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2014 found that 47% of black business owners had gotten the full amount of funding requested from banks, credit unions or other financial institutions, compared with 76% of whites.

Quoting fo emphasis. We will remain an underclass if we don't have the tools to build.

I also wonder what the percentage of the loans requested were honored. For instance, if a bank only approves me for a partial loan amount, does that amount reflect 80% of my requested loan or 40%? I'm sure that the negative implications are even greater than what I'm processing at the moment.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He's right. Many ppl overlook the good work black churches r doing in their communities

Black churchers should form credit unions. Black churches deposit their money in the same banks that will buy out the church for pennies and tear it down to gentrify the neighborhood and displace the congregation from their homes.

I think either Ebenezer or Big Bethal in ATL have a church credit union but idk how they are doing.

No reason why the AME, COGIC, A group of black baptist churhes, etc havent made officail credit unions and those serve as the governing bodies to build infrastructure in the community and give congregation access to capital which in turn makes the credit union money via interest paid.