As Black-Owned Banks Struggle, Community Sounds Alarm

Daps
There are not enough Black banks to make a "big" bank. Every single Black bank in the country could merge and it would still be a small bank. One United is the largest Black bank and it doesn't even have one billion in assets. If there was only one Black bank and then that failed, there would be NOTHING left.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
can't really sound an community alarm when the community isn't investing/opening accounts at the black banks it's that simple.
We need our heavy hitters to help us out. Our athletes, entertainers, and bussiness people have to pump as much capital as they can. They wont of course.....so these banks are finished.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And u can't ignore the facts we still don't trust our own black people

This is the core issue IMO.

Look at the one of the biggest talking points about HBCUs and their lack of funding....alumni not giving back because they don't trust the administration.

But I do think the smaller joints need to join together. Consolidate capital.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This is just so fukked up to me.

All I keep hearing is that we have to shut up and support c00n rappers/actors/athletes/business people because they'll eventually lift all of us up with their success, but when is that ever going to start?

Black banks and Black colleges have to be our focus from here on out.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:francis:

Our churches are typically sucking money out the community on Sundays and depositing it in white banks on Monday.

c00n ass church leaders are partly to blame for the undercapitalization of Black banks.

Where are Black fraternities and sororities storing their chapter money?

Damn!

45 million yet still dealing with same issues as before.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES

Our churches are typically sucking money out the community on Sundays and depositing it in white banks on Monday.

c00n ass church leaders are partly to blame for the undercapitalization of Black banks.

MAN SHUT THE fukk UP WITH THAT DUMB shyt. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE CHURCHES KEEP THEIR MONEY. OL SPECULATING ASS nikka. POST SOME RECEIPTS (LITERALLY) OR SHUT THE fukk UP.

CHURCHES PUT MONEY INTO OUR COMMUNITY. YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU AIN'T IN THE COMMUNITY DOING ANYTHING. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T GO TO CHURCH SPEAKING ON WHAT THE CHURCH IS OR ISN'T DOING. IF YOU AIN'T GOT NO COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS YOU NEED TO NOT SPEAK ON THE CHURCH'S CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANY COMMUNITY.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin

MAN SHUT THE fukk UP WITH THAT DUMB shyt. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE CHURCHES KEEP THEIR MONEY. OL SPECULATING ASS nikka. POST SOME RECEIPTS (LITERALLY) OR SHUT THE fukk UP.

CHURCHES PUT MONEY INTO OUR COMMUNITY. YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU AIN'T IN THE COMMUNITY DOING ANYTHING. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T GO TO CHURCH SPEAKING ON WHAT THE CHURCH IS OR ISN'T DOING. IF YOU AIN'T GOT NO COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS YOU NEED TO NOT SPEAK ON THE CHURCH'S CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANY COMMUNITY.

But taking back the church should be a goal..

I go to church &
these individuals are building a new church & its not even needed:francis::why:

$25 Million collected from black folks:francis:in a area where shyt is being slowly taken over by non blacks & certain black businesses are struggling..
The LowEnd aka Bronzille historically black neighborhood :snoop:

The church right off 39th & Indiana

$10 million could've helped that whole area

Could've bought every liquor store, gas station & beauty supply store (thats owned by non blacks) in that whole area wit just $10 million:snoop:

Yes Churches give back but come on tho:martin:Back to school drives, food pantries, paid a few peoples bills but that lil shyt don't = up:francis:

This is the new church

Exterior.png

29663198962_2f76950c10_o2-1024x617.jpg

The old church, which was sufficient

797_201741015723004.jpg

:snoop:We got to start snatching them up by their collar.. shyt is ridiculous

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
But taking back the church should be a goal..

I go to church &
these individuals are building a new church & its not even needed:francis::why:

$25 Million collected from black folks:francis:in a area where shyt is being slowly taken over by non blacks & certain black businesses are struggling..
The LowEnd aka Bronzille historically black neighborhood :snoop:

The church right off 39th & Indiana

$10 million could've helped that whole area

Could've bought every liquor store, gas station & beauty supply store (thats owned by non blacks) in that whole area wit just $10 million:snoop:

Yes Churches give back but come on tho:martin:Back to school drives, food pantries, paid a few peoples bills but that lil shyt don't = up:francis:

This is the new church

Exterior.png

29663198962_2f76950c10_o2-1024x617.jpg

The old church, which was sufficient

797_201741015723004.jpg

:snoop:We got to start snatching them up by their collar.. shyt is ridiculous

THAT'S EVERY CHURCH? NOW IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THE BAD CHURCHES THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ABOARD. THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY GOOD CHURCHES OUT THERE TO LUMP THEM IN WITH SOME BAD ONES.

I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN AND I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME OVERSIGHT BY THE COMMUNITY. HIS COMMENT JUST IRKED ME A BIT. I APOLOGIZE TO THE BREH. I PROBABLY WENT A BIT FAR.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
THAT'S EVERY CHURCH? NOW IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THE BAD CHURCHES THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ABOARD. THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY GOOD CHURCHES OUT THERE TO LUMP THEM IN WITH SOME BAD ONES.

I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN AND I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME OVERSIGHT BY THE COMMUNITY. HIS COMMENT JUST IRKED ME A BIT. I APOLOGIZE TO THE BREH. I PROBABLY WENT A BIT FAR.

That bank is in Chicago, I'm talm bout Black Chicago Churches, mainly these mega churches thats ranking in millions & not building up the neighborhood their located in..

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This is the biggest crisis to the black community by far. Access to capital has ramifications for everything.

- Housing loans for homes ( biggest determining factor in wealth)

- business startups ( which expands opportunities for employment and wealth).

This is so important for us to rally around.