As a woman, I'm tired of being nice to men

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So today I'm hanging with my coworker. He's really attractive. We have been hanging out more at work and just talking to each other a lot. Tell me why today we were alone and he hits me with "you know I have a girl now I just think we should cool it "
DONT NOBODY WANT YOU. Why can't a woman be fukking nice to a man and want to hang out without wanting to be in a relationship or have sex with him? It actually pissed me off that he thinks I want that from him. We literally talk about the women he likes together jokingly. I've given him friend vibes from day one. Sometimes I just like to be around him and spend time with him.. I text him when I bored and we have little jokes together because everyone at work sucks and I can laugh and relate to him. He's not my type... and I'm pretty sure he only likes white women. Lol he really tried to play me like I'm lusting after him.
I guess I should just stop being nice and wanting to hang out with men... Now it feels awkward even speaking to him. I feel like the whole time he thought I was feeling him but I just thought he was a nice guy plus he always was making an effort to be around ME so I thought we were cool.

Anyways /rant

Just thought I share because now I realize I need to stop treating everyone so nicely because that means I wanna fukk. Ha. I don't have a lot of girlfriends. I just always gravitated towards guys (not in that way)... but i feel like it's always misconstrued. I actually get more quiet around guys I'm into and open up to most of my platonic guy friends. NOBODY gets it. They always think I have a motive.
I'm just sick of it... maybe I should have a stank attitude and not talk to the guys in my office and I won't have these issues.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
So today I'm hanging with my coworker. He's really attractive. We have been hanging out more at work and just talking to each other a lot. Tell me why today we were alone and he hits me with "you know I have a girl now I just think we should cool it "
DONT NOBODY WANT YOU. Why can't a woman be fukking nice to a man and want to hang out without wanting to be in a relationship or have sex with him? It actually pissed me off that he thinks I want that from him. We literally talk about the women he likes together jokingly. I've given him friend vibes from day one. Sometimes I just like to be around him and spend time with him.. I text him when I bored and we have little jokes together because everyone at work sucks and I can laugh and relate to him. He's not my type... and I'm pretty sure he only likes white women. Lol he really tried to play me like I'm lusting after him.
I guess I should just stop being nice and wanting to hang out with men... Now it feels awkward even speaking to him. I feel like the whole time he thought I was feeling him but I just thought he was a nice guy plus he always was making an effort to be around ME so I thought we were cool.

Anyways /rant

Just thought I share because now I realize I need to stop treating everyone so nicely because that means I wanna fukk. Ha. I don't have a lot of girlfriends. I just always gravitated towards guys (not in that way)... but i feel like it's always misconstrued. I actually get more quiet around guys I'm into and open up to most of my platonic guy friends. NOBODY gets it. They always think I have a motive.
I'm just sick of it... maybe I should have a stank attitude and not talk to the guys in my office and I won't have these issues.
http://www.thecoli.com/forums/the-salon.65/
Discuss topics regarding women's health, beauty, and general topics free of misogyny. Ask the Coli Ladies anything!

Kobe24

Banned
Daps

Anyways /rant

Maybe u were flirtin a bit tho

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
If you guys were friends before then he isn't wrong for letting you know that you guys can not be as personal as you used to be. It probably makes his new lady uncomfortable and he wants their relationship to go somewhere. If his tone was disrespectful then let him know respectfully that you did not like the way he spoke to you. Move and let it go. It is not that serious.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Why can't a woman be fukking nice to a man and want to hang out without wanting to be in a relationship or have sex with him?

He's really attractive. We have been hanging out more at work and just talking to each other a lot.

Because you're attracted to him... Just admit that you're shallow so you can justify my opinion of your type....

Brazil is our last hope to get away from women like the op.....

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
If you guys were friends before then he isn't wrong for letting you know that you guys can not be as personal as you used to be. It probably makes his new lady uncomfortable and he wants their relationship to go somewhere. If his tone was disrespectful then let him know respectfully that you did not like the way he spoke to you. Move and let it go. It is not that serious.
No anecdote for this situation?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a lot of guys have trouble distinguishing friendliness from flirtatious :ld:

our brains just aren't wired for friendship with females, and anyone that says different is :wrist: or trying to smash on the low
True. Usually guys know when a girl is giving us the:comeon:That means kick rocks. Her being friendly though?:patrice:

And I know im not the only guy who has to be pulled aside sometimes to know when a girl was hitting on me. There really is no way to know sometimes.

:martin:Even worse when they think they are being obvious about it.

Last edited:

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I know it's sounds simple to move on, but in a tight knit workplace it's difficult. It's just makes me regret like even engaging with him. I usually keep myself more guarded but he acted like every thing was cool

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of guys have trouble distinguishing friendliness from flirtatious :ld:

our brains just aren't wired for friendship with females, and anyone that says different is :wrist: or trying to smash on the low
Ok but you talk about girls you wanna fukk to a female you like? He never gave me that vibe he was trying to get with me. He's just nice

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you were being too friendly. Why are you texting him when you're bored? Find something else to do. Unless you actually wanna talk to dude.

Low key seems like you're a little hurt that he broke the news to you about his girl and that you did wanna talk to dude. You started your thread off with "He's really attractive.."

It's reasons like this why I don't small talk and bullshyt with women...

For some reason I'm getting a vibe that a creepy dude made this thread :scust: any confirmation on OP?