As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This is the exact formula for the AA. The people the term was meant for
That wasnt meant for any black person born in Alabama to Brazil:mjlol:

Exactly. Dude knows that. He's just being hard headed:francis:

There is a reason why the Cuban bandleader called his band the Afro-Cubans instead of the AfroAmericans or AfroAmerican Cubans:lolbron:

l5qVbeF.jpg

@9:11

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
the thing is, the africans that were eventually brought to jamaica developed a seperate jamaican culture and became jamaicans. Same thing applies with blacks brought to the americas. We have our own culture and thus ethnicity. AA is an ethnicity and was created to give american descendants a title to standby.

Everywhere Africans were taken, they assimilated culture. But there is still that African culture that they combine with their local slave masters culture, and that African Culture is consistent no matter where the African was taken. We all have similar customs and traditions even tho we assimilated different European cultures.

Jamaicans do have a unique culture to Jamaica, but they are still part of the greater whole.

New Orleans blacks have a culture different from Atlanta blacks. But they are all still related and have similarities in HOW they assimilated culture.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Exactly. Dude knows that. He's just being hard headed:francis:

There is a reason why the Cuban bandleader called his band the Afro-Cubans instead of the AfroAmericans or AfroAmerican Cubans:lolbron:

l5qVbeF.jpg

@9:11

Your in no place to tell me what I know. Especially when you show how little you know in that same comment. Machito was definitely a African in the Americas.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
All new world blacks are technically, modified, racially and/or culturally, old world africans.

Nah. It's because they are no longer, old world africans.

We are no longer old world Africans. Jamiacans are not. Cubans are not. We are now something different. As a whole. We are Africans in the Americas. With our own culture, that is different in small variations in different locations. But overall, the same assimilation happen everywhere

Whether they hid vodou in the saints of the Catholic Church
Or they caught the Holy Ghost in south.
The customs of Africans are not different in these places, how they are applied is

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Everywhere Africans were taken, they assimilated culture. But there is still that African culture that they combine with their local slave masters culture, and that African Culture is consistent no matter where the African was taken. We all have similar customs and traditions even tho we assimilated different European cultures.

Jamaicans do have a unique culture to Jamaica, but they are still part of the greater whole.

New Orleans blacks have a culture different from Atlanta blacks. But they are all still related and have similarities in HOW they assimilated culture.
none of this discounts what i said. Point is, jamaicans and AA's are a different culture,in essence,a different people

Blacks from atl and new orleans have a shared AA culture/experience because they both stem from the same southern rooted tree here in America. Same thing with me, im born and raised in new york city but i still share culture w/ blacks/aa around the country. @IllmaticDelta already mentioned this earlier

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
none of this discounts what i said. Point is, jamaicans and AA's are a different culture,in essence,a different people

Blacks from atl and new orleans have a shared AA culture/experience because they both stem from the same southern rooted tree here in America. Same thing with me, im born and raised in new york city but i still share culture w/ blacks/aa around the country. @IllmaticDelta already mentioned this earlier

No they are not. It does discredit what you said. Because Africans in the Americas are not AFRICANS. They are African American and they are all part of a larger whole. INCLUDING JAMAICANS.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road

You keep stopping in America. THE BOATS DIDNT. LMAO. We are all part of the AFRICAN AMERICAN Rooted tree. Here in this hemisphere. We are all brothers. I used The United States (lol)as an example, because it's a simplified version of the connection

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
We are no longer old world Africans. Jamiacans are not. Cubans are not. We are now something different. As a whole. We are Africans in the Americas. With our own culture, that is different in small variations in different locations. But overall, the same assimilation happen everywhere

Whether they hid vodou in the saints of the Catholic Church
Or they caught the Holy Ghost in south.
The customs of Africans are not different in these places, how they are applied is

I think your seriously downplaying this here. What is your ethnicity?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Your in no place to tell me what I know. Especially when you show how little you know in that same comment. Machito was definitely a African in the Americas.

AfroCuban not AfroAmerican:ehh:

AfroCuban all stars not AfroAmerican allstars

gsjMKc0.jpg

Afro-Brazilian dance not AfroAmerican dance

U8BaSRE.jpg

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
You guys keep acting like your a special type of nikka cause your in America or Jamaica. Because your not all on the same land mass, you think y'all are unique nikkas.

It's willie lynch. It's how they kept us slaves. Divide and conquer. Teach us different languages. Seperate us. Keep us from playing music to each other. Etc

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
I think your seriously downplaying this here. What is your ethnicity?

Seriously downplaying what?! nikka I'm black look at my picture. Don't play me. I know your ethnicity. Causes your ignorant. Amd arrogant about it. Like most nikkas Who don't know history

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Does your momma catch the Holy Ghost?
Does your CAC neighbor catch the Holy Ghost?

Guess who does. Haitians and Brazilians

Them corny c00ns in NY break dance and spin on they head.
Brazilians caperiora

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
I can go on. But you nikkas is starting to piss me off with his dumb shyt
Like you refuse to use your brain just cause it's not what you said

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
AfroCuban not AfroAmerican:ehh:

AfroCuban all stars not AfroAmerican allstars

gsjMKc0.jpg

Afro-Brazilian dance not AfroAmerican dance

U8BaSRE.jpg

The Afro part is the African part. They called it Afro.

Why are you being so stupid lmao. Afro Brazilian dance is no different from Haitian dance and slight different from twerking.

Grow up

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Afro Cuban
Afro Brazilian
Afro American

It's all just AFRICANS AND A LOCATION THEY STOPPED AT.

THEY ARE NOT DIFFERENT PEOPLE