As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Afro-African American is a term created by slave descendants in mainland USA because is seen as the, America and they were of African descent.

Other afrodescendants of he Americas are linked to hypenated by their country of origin

They are black people of the Americas who aren't ethnic AfroAmericans. Words from a Jamaican woman below

Some Blacks Insist: 'I'm Not African-American'

'African American'? 'Black'? How To Identify Is Often A Touchy Question

You keep saying its seen as THE america. But its not the America.

You keep proving that the term originated in the US... I keep telling you that our "freedom" is the reason for thay...

Proving that a black person in the obly free country in he new world came up with the term, does not make it ecclusive to the United States. Especially since Africans being in the Americas was not limited to the united states

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You keep saying its seen as THE america. But its not the America.

:beli: but it is.....this is why you don't call a Jamaican in Jamaica, Jamaican-American. You only call ones from the USA that even though Jamaica in a nation of the Americas.

You keep proving that the term originated in the US... I keep telling you that our "freedom" is the reason for thay...

Proving that a black person in the obly free country in he new world came up with the term, does not make it ecclusive to the United States. Especially since Africans being in the Americas was not limited to the united states

The term as we know is exclusive to the USA because it's an ethnic group. It's not used by anyone else. They would identify with the foreign nation they have roots in.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
:beli: but it is.....this is why you don't call a Jamaican in Jamaica, Jamaican-American. You only call ones from the USA that even though Jamaica in a nation of the Americas.

The term as we know is exclusive to the USA because it's an ethnic group. It's not used by anyone else. They would identify with the foreign nation they have roots in.

I call jamaicans in the USA jamaicans

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I call jamaicans in the USA jamaicans

So do I besides "black" but Jamaicans in America will identify as Jamaican-American if they were more Americanized/born here when contrasted with someone straight from the island.

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
On a geographical and political slave trade concept, YES the Caribbean is part of the sub region of North America.
Jamaica used to be inhabited by the same natives from the Caribbean before African bodies were put there to work.
So I can understand why Jamaicans will not refer to themselves as African because they in turn have their own language created IN jamaica.
BUT their language is west african meets european.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road

Its an ethnic group in the usa because of our freedoms. Slavery was just even acknowledge in brazil last decade bruh. They had 5 million slaves compared to the 500,000 in the Us

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
On a geographical and political slave trade concept, YES the Caribbean is part of the sub region of North America.
Jamaica used to be inhabited by the same natives from the Caribbean before African bodies were put there to work.
So I can understand why Jamaicans will not refer to themselves as African because they in turn have their own language created IN jamaica.
BUT their language is west african meets european.

The natives where whipped off of jamaica.
Jamaicans are africans.
The reason the wont identify as being african is the same reason they bleach their skin in tube socks: self hate

Entrapta310

Daps
Jamaicans are africans.
The reason the wont identify as being african is the same reason they bleach their skin in tube socks: self hate

NOt all were wiped off, some had babies with the africans.. those children learned their parents native tongue and/or jamaican to talk to each other and still be able to undesrstand and communicate with their slave owners.
My extended family is of native puerto rican and african descent... they speak spanish... came to america... never once did they say they were afro/rican..
Some dont identify with their blood origin but what they turned into. that family was marked mulatto on the census. smfh.
natives dont make mulatto babies with africans... they babies are different type blood.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
NOt all were wiped off, some had babies with the africans.. those children learned their parents native tongue and/or jamaican to talk to each other and still be able to undesrstand and communicate with their slave owners.
My extended family is of native puerto rican and african descent... they speak spanish... came to america... never once did they say they were afro/rican..
Some dont identify with their blood origin but what they turned into. that family was marked mulatto on the census. smfh.
natives dont make mulatto babies with africans... they babies are different type blood.

The spanish people, def killed off the Tainos. They did fukk them too. But They wouldnt work. I find it very hard to believe any Jamiacan or Puerto Rican or Cuban etc can trace linkage to the island before africa. I just dont see it possible. Lol. They didnt even keep record of the native people. They just killed them.

The spanish and porteguese are notorius for not bringing women to the colonies. That is how we got these yellow people in brazil, cuba, pueto rico etc. fukking slaves and natives. I dont see how it can make jamaicans, cubans, or pueto ricans feel like they are not as much as african as anybody else

Entrapta310

Daps
The spanish people, def killed off the Tainos. They did fukk them too. But They wouldnt work. I find it very hard to believe any Jamiacan or Puerto Rican or Cuban etc can trace linkage to the island before africa. I just dont see it possible. Lol. They didnt even keep record of the native people. They just killed them.

The spanish and porteguese are notorius for not bringing women to the colonies. That is how we got these yellow people in brazil, cuba, pueto rico etc. fukking slaves and natives. I dont see how it can make jamaicans, cubans, or pueto ricans feel like they are not as much as african as anybody else

They killed the men and impregnated the women with the slaves. And if they impregnated the africans, trust a european/african baby looks different than a native/african baby.
Jamaica had 2 native tribes... not just one. And mind you Im still fukking confused bc I have an ancestor that is listed as JAMAICAN and AFRICAN and yet idk where the fukk he was born.
But yet they sent him to puerto rico and he impregnated a native woman. I dont know if that was by chance with love or ordered.
So yes, natives were murked but mostly the men. They made a slave force and bred the best. But trust ALL natives were NOT killed off the way you think.
Years later that blood got overpowered with more african blood mixing in, but not all natives were murked... and that red undertone skin is native blood. no yellow.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
They killed the men and impregnated the women with the slaves. And if they impregnated the africans, trust a european/african baby looks different than a native/african baby.
Jamaica had 2 native tribes... not just one. And mind you Im still fukking confused bc I have an ancestor that is listed as JAMAICAN and AFRICAN and yet idk where the fukk he was born.
But yet they sent him to puerto rico and he impregnated a native woman. I dont know if that was by chance with love or ordered.
So yes, natives were murked but mostly the men. They made a slave force and bred the best. But trust ALL natives were NOT killed off the way you think.
Years later that blood got overpowered with more african blood mixing in, but not all natives were murked... and that red undertone skin is native blood. no yellow.

Word. Makes sense. Why kill the women if there are not any

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Jamaicans are africans.

All new world blacks are technically, modified, racially and/or culturally, old world africans.

Nah. It's because they are no longer, old world africans.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
How? Jamaica is just the name of the place where they took the african.

But jamaica was a british colony, just like America. We shared slave masters.

African American is the term generally given to blacks in the united states, simply because the blacks in the united states were located in the united states. Because they were located in the united states, they had a public forum and the struggle here is more visible.

But africans in the Americans, are a group of people. Everything else you talking is willie lynch shyt. Imaginary lines and different languages to seperate us and stop uprisings.

Jamaicans are delusional. They are not a special type of black people. They are just black people
the thing is, the africans that were eventually brought to jamaica developed a seperate jamaican culture and became jamaicans. Same thing applies with blacks brought to the americas. We have our own culture and thus ethnicity. AA is an ethnicity and was created to give american descendants a title to standby.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
An ethnic AfroAmerican defined

Origins of African-American Ethnicity or African-American Ethnic Traits

The newly formed Black Yankee ethnicity of the early 1800s differed from today’s African-American ethnicity. Modern African-American ethnic traits come from a post-bellum blending of three cultural streams: the Black Yankee ethnicity of 1830, the slave traditions of the antebellum South, and the free Creole or Mulatto elite traditions of the lower South. Each of the three sources provided elements of the religious, linguistic, and folkloric traditions found in today’s African-American ethnicity.30

Essays on the U.S. Color Line » Blog Archive » The Color Line Created African-American Ethnicity in the North

If you don't fit that criteria, you aren't an ethnic AfroAmerican.
This is the exact formula for the AA. The people the term was meant for
That wasnt meant for any black person born in Alabama to Brazil:mjlol: