As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
MCU has been average post-endgame. Way too convoluted. I haven't seen Thor yet though. MCU feels like WWE after Austin and the Rock left. Bunch of second-tier heroes most haven't heard of without a clear direction. However, I don't doubt Disney's ability to have it all come together through long term planning.

DC is all over the place with like 3 Batmen and multiple Jokers.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
DC has 3 of the 5 most popular superheroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) and can't seem to get it's shyt right.

I'd argue that DC's mythos is more well known to the public than Marvel's and the MCU is still washing them

I doubt the DCEU will ever be competent :mjcry:

Why?

• The MCU started first
  • The DCU has been okay...not, great...but, they did the stupid thing and chased a universe.
  • The MCU has Disney's undivided attention. I barely hear about "Disney" Disney movies coming out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know all about multiples and that but it doesn't change the fact that it's not a joker movie in my eyes. if they named that film something else and it would only make 100 mil like Birdman.
how is this movie a comic book film to you?
I personally don't think the Nolan films are the best cbm trilogies but that's another discussion

You can hold that opinion but Phoenix had all the characteristics of the Joker, it was still a Joker movie

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
DC stans are resilient. They've been keeping this "wait til next year" attitude for nearly a decade. In their minds Marvel vs DC is still a neck to neck race...one slip up and Marvel is finished. They realized that Marvel can win solely by releasing throwaway beats. What you think Phase 4 was. Its been over for a while now:mjcry:

Stop trying to compete.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
DC stans are resilient. They've been keeping this "wait til next year" attitude for nearly a decade. In their minds Marvel vs DC is still a neck to neck race...one slip up and Marvel is finished. They realized that Marvel can win solely by releasing throwaway beats. What you think Phase 4 was. Its been over for a while now:mjcry:

Stop trying to compete.
Dude in here is like the last one left lol. There used to be atleast two more notorious ones but they got banned I think

darryl

Superstar
Daps

DC has 3 of the 5 most popular superheroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) and can't seem to get it's shyt right.

I'd argue that DC's mythos is more well known to the public than Marvel's and the MCU is still washing them

I doubt the DCEU will ever be competent :mjcry:

Yall also got to cut this out as well. Yall are exposing yall age. DC does not have more well known mythos than marvel at this point, and haven't in atleast 20 years.. and as far as the most popular heroes.. even that isn't true anymore. Wonder woman is not top 3 anymore. So you can cross her off. Hell you can probably cross off supes as well tbh. There's a difference between, "popular", and, "iconic".

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Aww DC stans came to show support how sweet :mjlol:
I remember in the darkest days of the wars, before all their craziest Stans were banned, they really thought they had a chance

It’s cute to see them still string together arguments. There is no reason in any universe antman is going on his third movie and Superman got canceled other than utter failure :dead:

Look at them fumbling the bag again with the flash :russ: these nikkas are the epitome of can’t get right

Last edited: