As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

DC has 3 of the 5 most popular superheroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) and can't seem to get it's shyt right.

I'd argue that DC's mythos is more well known to the public than Marvel's and the MCU is still washing them

I doubt the DCEU will ever be competent :mjcry:

And I would say Superman is no longer in the top 5 and Marvel mythos is more well known nowadays.
Things change Marvel was second fiddle to DC for decades.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We put out The Batman and Watchmen over here. Let them be happy with The Eternals and Hawkeye :jawalrus:
Oh you are a stan of one of these comic book brands?! :picard:

You presented yourself as above such trivial matters. Your past prayers make more sense now. lol

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
1. Y'all nikkas truly have nothing to talk about anymore. This shyt is like the handful of dusty nikkas still beefing over Jay vs Nas in 2022.

2. Post Endgame; The Snyder Cut, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker, and The Batman have been my four favorite properties to drop between these two companies.

3. I'm perfectly happy with what DC is doing right now: a focus on just making good movies instead of sacrificing quality for continuity. This isn't even shade, cause I retired from these stan wars years ago. I literally see posters and even major media outlets talmbout "where is this phase heading"/"the MCU needs a focused direction". This is what happens when you've set the precedent that singular movies are nothing but vehicles to event tentpoles. Just make a good movie, bruh

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You're talking about this :mjlol:
A film so afraid of its roots that it takes a film starring Robert Dinero instead of the decades of source material of the character it is titled after. A film that only really made money because people heard joker and immediately went because of how popular that character is and not because of the movie. Overly hyped nonsense .
I've seen taxi driver and the king of comedy its enough
:dead:
call it clown man and no one would care about this film :wow:

Let me explain something to you. Joker had an insane OW multiplier. That means that it made the majority of its money AFTER opening weekend which indicates very strong word of mouth.

You don't become the most profitable comic book movie of all time by being something "nobody wanted to see" and you don't win a bunch of awards like that either.

Yeah, DC didn't land the plane on a connected universe but they put out top tier quality.

The Nolan trilogy is still cemented as The GOAT trilogy too. :manny:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Let me explain something to you. Joker had an insane OW multiplier. That means that it made the majority of its money AFTER opening weekend which indicates very strong word of mouth.

You don't become the most profitable comic book movie of all time by being something "nobody wanted to see" and you don't win a bunch of awards like that either.

Yeah, DC didn't land the plane on a connected universe but they put out top tier quality.

The Nolan trilogy is still cemented as The GOAT trilogy too. :manny:
I know all about multiples and that but it doesn't change the fact that it's not a joker movie in my eyes. if they named that film something else and it would only make 100 mil like Birdman.
how is this movie a comic book film to you?
I personally don't think the Nolan films are the best cbm trilogies but that's another discussion

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
They did ray fisher and rick famuyiwa dirty.....DCEU on some bullshyt. They had like a decade to build something and what we getting are a shazam and black adam movie.....i have no interest in that shyt.