ARTICLE: Why I Hate Being A Black Man

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I think the points he made can be attributed to why some black women wear weaves.

Well that makes sense.

He is probably a flaming fakkit putting off people with his gay antics.
Gay people throughout the years have a history of not being able to control themselves
mj-laughing.gif

Daps
Reppin
Mine and Whatever Concerns me
Well that makes sense.

He is probably a flaming fakkit putting off people with his gay antics.
Gay people throughout the years have a history of not being able to control themselves

LMAO, word!

That and the fact that he said he has "good hygiene".......NO HE DOESN'T! I can tell by his ashy face and discolored lips. Plus the fact that he's a fakkit, he probably carries a slight waft of fecal matter with his aura.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Not discussing the issue doesn't mean it is going to go away. In fact, by ignoring the issue, it simply lurks underneath the surface. I believe a dialogue about self hatred should be brought to the fore in the public sphere, so that some sort of healing and the development of true non-label based pride can occur.

Of course, I do not want to have these feelings, to have these dark thoughts about being a black man. However, I cannot deny that this is the way I feel. I don't want to be ashamed of being a black man; I just want to be treated as an individual based on the content of my character, and not just based on the colour of my skin.

:whew: @ how TLR ignores the last two sentences of the article

Not even a question whether they read the whole thing :banderas:

Not even a question they didnt read past the first paragraph :banderas:

Obvious questions about people's reading comprenhension :banderas:

A chance for actual dialogue reverting into the same replies :banderas:

TLR, when I want to be let down again and again :bow:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
:whew: @ how TLR ignores the last two sentences of the article

Not even a question whether they read the whole thing :banderas:

Not even a question they didnt read past the first paragraph :banderas:

Obvious questions about people's reading comprenhension :banderas:

A chance for actual dialogue reverting into the same replies :banderas:

TLR, when I want to be let down again and again :bow:

Breh is struggling with his blackness, but he did have some interesting points. His delivery was c00nish so it's tough to digest. I really liked this line.

The issue of black self-hatred is usually depicted from a female point of view. There are documentaries such as Dark Girls which aired on Oprah's OWN network earlier this year, in which black women discuss their feelings of self hatred for having dark skin. There are numerous books, articles, documentaries, and essays published by black female writers describing black self-hated. Black women are not afraid to speak out about their self-loathing, yet for some reason, black men are silent about our own contempt for what we are.

A lot of black men don't want to acknowledge the feelings of disgust we have for ourselves. It is considered emasculating to even admit the existence of such thoughts. I think my own self-hated manifests from the exterior, from the outside world. It is born out of the despair and the unhappiness I see within a lot of young black men.

:whoo: