Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

It’s time for “Arrow” fans to start asking themselves a very serious question: What would happen if Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) didn’t rekindle their romance on the CW show?

That’s a question Amell himself seemingly posed to fans of the series during an appearance at New Jersey’s Heroes and Villains FanFest.

“I was chatting with a couple of fans earlier and they were saying there hasn’t been a lot of positivity and reassuring notions when it comes to Oliver and Felicity’s relationship,” Amell told the crowd [via TVLine]. “I think that it’s important to remember that relationships on the show don’t have to be only defined by romance. Oliver and Felicity could have a wonderful, fulfilling, dynamic relationship and not be together, right?”

Of course, that line of thinking was met with boos from the audience, but Amell does have a point. He continues, “That’s how the world works!”

After all, just because you know two people you think are perfect for each other doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll live happily ever after.

Throughout Season 4 of “Arrow,” it became clear that though Oliver had greatly matured since the beginning of the show, he wasn’t necessarily ready for everything that comes with being in that relationship with Felicity — don’t forget that whole lying about having a kid thing. Though things were initially icy between them, they eventually got back to what mattered most: friendship.

With the life Oliver leads — in public and under the Green Arrow mask — what he needs isn’t a romantic partner but people he can count on to be there for him, as Felicity has always tried to be.

Will these two crazy kids work out their problems and end up spending their lives together? It’s a distinct possibility, but now is the time for fans to come to terms with the idea that Olicity falling wildly in love and spending the rest of their days together living a peaceful life hidden away somewhere isn’t the only option for an “Arrow” endgame.

Instead, just take a moment to appreciate that after everything they’ve been through, these two can still be friends and count on each other more than just about anyone else — except maybe Diggle (David Ramsey).

As for Amell, he knows exactly what he wants from Oliver and Felicity

“I hope that they’re both in a happy positive place,” he says. “Whether that means they’re together or not remains to be seen.”

“Arrow” Season 5 premieres Wednesday, June 17, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

“Mayhem, death, love…. Oliver and Felicity breaking up and getting back together.” That is what David Ramsey says viewers can expect from Season 5 of Arrow. And though his tongue was planted firmly in cheek with that last part, the status of “Olicity” is TBD — maddeningly so, in the view of the couple’s fans.

Appearing Sunday at the Heroes & Villains FanFest at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, N.J., Arrow star Stephen Amell said, “I was chatting with a couple of fans earlier and they were saying there hasn’t been a lot of positivity and reassuring notions when it comes to Oliver and Felicity’s relationship. I think that it’s important to remember that relationships on the show don’t have to be only defined by romance. Oliver and Felicity could have a wonderful, fulfilling, dynamic relationship and not be together, right?”

Met with a swell of boos, Amell noted with a chuckle, “That wasn’t a question, OK. That’s how the world works! So we will see where they are this year.” Having ended their (brief) engagement and endured some friction during Season 4, only to wind up working together again on Team Arrow (as friends), “I hope that they’re both in a happy positive place,” Amell said. “Whether that means they’re together or not remains to be seen.”

Addressing Season 5 as a whole, Amell said this weekend that “the villain that we are introducing is a direct result of things that Oliver has done in Star City [and] calls back to a lot of things that happened in the first season of the show.” In doing so, “It really grounds the show and really focuses on its core value, which is the battle to save Star City” — an appreciably quaint notion, Amell acknowledged, given the multiple Earths and time travel taking place on Arrow‘s sister series. “The first two episodes [of Season 5] refocuses us on what the core mission of the show should be, and that to me is very exciting,” he effused. “Plus? Russia,” as in the setting of the next cycle of flashbacks.

Other topics targeted by the Arrow cast during the Heroes & Villains FanFest:

arrow-hvff-david-group.jpeg

• Ramsey teased two changes within Diggle’s world. For one, his Spartan mask is getting a much-needed, “Cisco-created” upgrade — something the actor greatly welcomes, having seen and heard all the Magneto and peripheral vision jokes. “Also, you will see a new Baby Sarah,” as a third child actress takes over the role.

• Surveying Thea’s future, Willa Holland — while seated next to Arrow alum-turned-Chicago Med doc Colin Donnell — ventured that during her “pseudo-break from Team Arrow, she probably … went on a little vacation, to maybe Chicago, and met some guy in the hospital that looked eerily like her brother!” Turning semi-serious, Holland said, “I hope that Thea in Season 5 is going to be focusing a lot more on herself… and learning a little bit more about what’s going on inside of her now that she has lost the bloodlust. She needs to take some yoga classes and meditate real hard, maybe smudge [with sage] the apartment she lives in.”
arrow-hvff-character-group.jpg

• Paul Blackthorne said that whereas Laurel was Quentin’s “rock” when Sara (first) died, Donna (played by Charlotte Ross) has filled that role in the wake of Laurel’s own tragic death. Still, “Life without Laurel is unimaginable for him,” he shared. “So of course he’d bring her back if he could” — be it via Constantine, Lazarus Pit or whatever. (Speaking of the good detective, Amell warned the crowd, “Lance does not get reinstated,” adding: “I’m sorry.”)

• Asked to name a favorite stunt that they themselves were involved in, Charlotte Ross offered, “Running from the bees in my Louboutins!” (when Brie Larvan targeted Felicity, Donna and others), while Katrina Law asked with a wink, “Does making out with Caity Lotz count…?”

• Anticipating the four-way crossover set for December and involving The Flash, Legends and Supergirl, Ramsey said, “I wanna see Diggle’s expression when he sees Supergirl flying across the horizon. I want to know what that is.” After all, since the Fastest Man Alive to this day still fills Dig with awe, Ramsey reckons, “He’s going to pee on himself right there” upon spying the Girl of Steel.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
She needs to stop playing and hurry up and pose nude or be nekkid in a movie. She seems to really want to do it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stephen Amells favourite episodes

no season 4 in that lineup :pachaha:

Telling ya'll they gonna do it, especially since they're now turning that kid into Artemis. :mjlol:

3.09 was "The Climb" and that was the last great episode of the show. When they came back from hiatus and Arrow recuperated from having a sword run through him and being kicked off a cliff like it was nothing is when shyt started to really go down hill.