Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Arrow is taking on a new shade of green in Season 5 with the latest cast addition.

The CW has revealed to TV Insider that Carly Pope will be taking on the recurring role of Susan Williams, a journalist from nearby Coast City who comes to Star City “looking to make a name for herself” by targeting Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) for a big story. If all of this sounds a little familiar to fans of the DC Universe, that's because in the comics, Williams is married to Jim Jordan, the little brother of Coast City's resident Green Lantern, Hal Jordan.

This is the second sweet gig the wrongfully underrated Pope has booked this summer: She is currently shooting an arc on the next season of Suits as an architect who may or may not have designs on Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman). Previously, she guested on The CW's The Tomorrow People and those of you with awesome taste will remember and love Pope from her stint as Sam McPherson on the late, great Popular. Her first Arrow appearance is slated for the fifth season's third episode.

So whattaya think? Is this a possible sign of Lanterns to come? Or maybe trouble for Olicity?

Arrow returns Wednesday, October 7, 8/7c, The CW.

:wow: Another WB/CW vet.

:takedat: I've always had a thing for Carly Pope.

@Clark Wayne @prophecypro

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
In a recent Facebook chat with fans, Arrow leading man Stephen Amell teased that the Season 5 premiere “has the opportunity for us to have the most vicious, violent one-shot in the history of network television” — meaning a long, continuous take with no cuts.
I told y'all. Everybody wanna be like the best :pachaha:
Daredevil-12.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Having first stepped into Cody Rhodes‘ professional playground some 11 months ago, Arrow‘s Stephen Amell announced that the former WWE grappler will have a chance to return the favor, with a guest spot on the CW series.

During a joint “Wrestling Rivals” appearance at the Heroes & Villains FanFest held Saturday at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, N.J., Amell told the crowd that Rhodes (born Cody Runnels, and who parted ways with the WWE in May) will guest-star in the third episode of Season 5.

Details on the role were not immediately revealed, but Rhodes teased during the HVFF panel, “You can probably expect Stephen and I to get into another fight.”

The Amell/Rhodes “rivalry” escalated last August when the Arrow star, as a Monday Night RAW spectator, was goaded into an “illegal” skirmish with Stardust (watch video). Amell and Rhodes formally faced off weeks later in a SummerSlam tag team match, partnered with Neville and King Barrett, respectively — with the “good guys” emerging victorious. (For his impressive effort in the ring, Amell earned a TVLine Performer of the Week honorable mention.)

Arrow Season 5 will feature a variety of fresh faces, including Popular alum Carly Pope (as a Coast City reporter), Chicago P.D.’s Josh Segarra (in the series-regular role of D.A. Adrian Chase aka Vigilante), Reaper‘s Rick Gonzalez as the DC Comics character Wild Dog, The Walking Dead‘s Chad L. Coleman as villain Tobias Church and The McCarthysTyler Ritter as SCPD Detective Malone.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8.7c, now leading into the new drama Frequency.