'Arrival' was overrated

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Agree with the OP, beautiful cinematography, but other than that as a movie it failed entirely to me from the leads and the plot itself which doesn't make logical sense
It's a movie about aliens who don't see don't see time linearly, how do you know it doesn't make logical sense if we can't even begin to comprehend what it would mean if time wasn't linear?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's a movie about aliens who don't see don't see time linearly, how do you know it doesn't make logical sense if we can't even begin to comprehend what it would mean if time wasn't linear?
Stop, not experiencing time linearly was done better in the Watchmen comic than it was presented in this movie. It simply made no sense for the aliens to transmit their language the way they did.
I posted more in depth about this poor plot point in the arrival review thread.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Stop, not experiencing time linearly was done better in the Watchmen comic than it was presented in this movie. It simply made no sense for the aliens to transmit their language the way they did.
Can I get a link? I did a search for the Arrival and didn't see a review thread.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Yeah and you wouldn't shut the fukk up about it there either

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i liked it :manny:

alien/space movies are kinda hard to approach and aliens in general are usually great looking or absolutely terrible...i think they made good use of it in this making you want more instead of it being like Signs where its like :dahell: and theres not much mystery.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
it was very good, but its not really a sci-fi, more like a terence malik flick with scifi elements. the flashback/forwards were done well and non linear time. it could have had better actors, paced slightly better and stronger ending but that is being critical imo.

if you want 'pew pew' watch dc/marvel