Around what time did Chinese people begin to put restuarants in every hood?

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
You say that but Americans by and large dont have an interest in traditional chinese or asian food. Thats the whole reason this cuisine exists, not because they are scheming behind the counter like "ohhh we will not let the blacks eat our food". :upsetfavre:

A lot of people dont have any interest or the stomach for many traditional chinese dishes. They want chicken fry rye. They want egg rolls. They want lo mein.

How many Americans be lining up to eat this shyt?

3434764559_199715301f.jpg

220px-Stinky_Tofu_Fried.jpg

:shaq2:

I totally understand that it is a matter of supply and demand, and catering to the needs of the customer base. Personally, I am looking at it from the viewpoint that I grew up in the hood eating this "specific" Chinese carry-out delicacies (rarely do now) and now like to
Andrew-Zimmern-promo.jpg
with my cuisine. That's another thread I guess.

Is that a pic of those eggs that are left to rot in upwards of 1 to 3 years. Think I seen them on the Travel Channel.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's super cheap plus it's probably the most well rounded meal many folks in poorer cities can have; lord knows you ain't gonna get carrots in your food at McDonalds.

I used to spend extra at Chinese joints to get large portions, then I realized how big their "small" portions are. That realization saved me so much dough

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I totally understand that it is a matter of supply and demand, and catering to the needs of the customer base. Personally, I am looking at it from the viewpoint that I grew up in the hood eating this "specific" Chinese carry-out delicacies (rarely do now) and now like to
Andrew-Zimmern-promo.jpg
with my cuisine. That's another thread I guess.

Is that a pic of those eggs that are left to rot in upwards of 1 to 3 years. Think I seen them on the Travel Channel.

Century egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

make no mistake tho shyt is changing, people in america are starting to broaden their tastes with a more global society and now we can :wow: off traditional chinese goodness

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
There is a Chinese spot near my crib that sells pizza, spaghetti, lasagna and burgers.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is when I went to Scotland there was Chinese spot and it had pretty much the same damn menu as here in the States.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i wouldn't say its a hood thing i'd say its a city thing...population centers yah mean...

its Chinese food spots everywhere...

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
The answer is YES!! Real mafugging Chinese food. Not the shyt they serve us. I don't know if you noticed but when they are eating their own lunch in a corner in the kitchen or seating area, they always bring like prepared, fresh, authentic Chinese food! Food be having steamy aromatics and shyt. None of their shyt is fried or fu-yung'ed or moo goo gai pan'ed. I be looking at them with a range of emotions :whoo::leon::takedat: but then I turn to :damn::wtb::what:........while I continue to order they bullshyt. They, in turn, looking at me like "Ha, :umad:!"

No ones forcing you to order from there

:pacspit:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Probably after black people failed at making businesses in their own communities. At least during Jim Crow black people owned businesses.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I don't know about all hoods but I know in Philly stores in the hood were mostly owned by Jews until the late 70/early 80s then were sold off to Chinese and Koreans

I've seen that ownership begin to transfer to other groups more recently.

Immigrant business cycles are fascinating

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
There are Chinese restaurants in expensive neighbourhoods, so I'm not sure what your point is.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
:ahh:Im thinking bout my General Tso's Chicken and Chicken fried rice right now. Might get some before the game starts.