Around what time did Chinese people begin to put restuarants in every hood?

Daps
yeah, my wife is bringing me a chinese feast home when they come for church for fathers days :eat:

but real talk, chinese restaurants are in every neighborhood, from hood to high class.

Yea that is true now that I realize it. Idk why but that MSG must be some kind drug because everyone likes chinese food. This kinda transtitions into another topic though. Why dont African Americans own the businesses in their own neighborhoods? In my area there are no african american business owners. Closes you get are Caribbeans. You got the Jamaican barber shops here and there, the jamaican restuarant and the Guyanese own the liquor stores and beauty supplies.

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
Its better then eating at the corner store.

fools eating chips and that nasty ass chicken in the red and white checkerboard box :old::gag:

eating at the chinese spots for cheap :cook::eat::ahh:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
When you have a group of people that are in power that does everything they can to keep you down shyt like that happens.

I'm just saying for years I've heard about "chinese spots selling chicken wings to black folks"

:ohhh:

How the fukk is the chinese selling chicken to blacks?

All those spots should be black owned. That shyt disgusts me and I don't even eat chicken. If I'm stepping out to eat for some African American cultural dishes from the dish washer to the waiter they better have some black in them. I want to see the owner in their on the deep fryer as well. Real spit man. Got to speak with your dollars.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I love how my nikkas go into a fukking chinese spot to get chicken wings and French fries. Then again the bigger question is do Chinese people eat Chinese food? :leon:

The answer is YES!! Real mafugging Chinese food. Not the shyt they serve us. I don't know if you noticed but when they are eating their own lunch in a corner in the kitchen or seating area, they always bring like prepared, fresh, authentic Chinese food! Food be having steamy aromatics and shyt. None of their shyt is fried or fu-yung'ed or moo goo gai pan'ed. I be looking at them with a range of emotions :whoo::leon::takedat: but then I turn to :damn::wtb::what:........while I continue to order they bullshyt. They, in turn, looking at me like "Ha, :umad:!"

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a time back in the 1800-early 1900's when Chinese immigrants had to live with black people because white people didn't want them around. I guess it started then. Just in small numbers.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I'm just saying for years I've heard about "chinese spots selling chicken wings to black folks"

:ohhh:

How the fukk is the chinese selling chicken to blacks?

All those spots should be black owned. That shyt disgusts me and I don't even eat chicken. If I'm stepping out to eat for some African American cultural dishes from the dish washer to the waiter they better have some black in them. I want to see the owner in their on the deep fryer as well. Real spit man. Got to speak with your dollars.

:comeon:

Daps
You know why though guys, its because the food they sell that we eat are junk food and celebratory food. Thats the food they serve at weddings n shyt. But they just make it with lower quality. I'm going to start making my own chinese food and watch it be way better than their shyt.

:dead: the Chinese own the Mexican restaurant by me also.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
the wings are goat and cheap compared to regular wing places or pizza joints

Man you telling me this like I ain't in there getting the same shyt. Chicken wings with hot sauce in the clear packets? :drool::ohlawd::noah:

With some French fries or shrimp fried rice? :lawd:

Or some BBQ spare rib tips? :whoo:

havoc00

Pro
Daps
Man you telling me this like I ain't in there getting the same shyt. Chicken wings with hot sauce in the clear packets? :drool::ohlawd::noah:

With some French fries or shrimp fried rice? :lawd:

Or some BBQ spare rib tips? :whoo:

I be taking handfuls of that hot sauce

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
You get a plate of food for 5 bucks :wtf: are you getting on? But no CHinese people dont eat "chinese food" unless you get the secret menu. You would have to order the shyt in kung fu movies to get that. Wait..... I THINK I GOT IT. It had to be with the emergence of Bruce Lee and black people starting to enjoy martial arts movies that probably had a play in there being a bunch of chinese restaurants in the hood.

@KoolGTrap that doesnt explain why CHINESE people put restaurants in the hood. It couldve been Italians or Greeks. And dont give me the " theyre racist" bullshyt because Chinese ppl are just as racist.

:manny:

Italians and greeks have more established communities in America, and carved out geographical niches in a lot of cities way before chinese even started moving in here. Like in my city we have a little italy. In comparison the chinese places are spread out everywhere.

its a combination of a ton of different factors.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
early 70's once bruce came though.
a0yqua.jpg

Daps
:manny:

Italians and greeks have more established communities in America, and carved out geographical niches in a lot of cities way before chinese even started moving in here. Like in my city we have a little italy. In comparison the chinese places are spread out everywhere.

its a combination of a ton of different factors.

Yea that is a good point. Asians did emigrate a little later.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
The answer is YES!! Real mafugging Chinese food. Not the shyt they serve us. I don't know if you noticed but when they are eating their own lunch in a corner in the kitchen or seating area, they always bring like prepared, fresh, authentic Chinese food! Food be having steamy aromatics and shyt. None of their shyt is fried or fu-yung'ed or moo goo gai pan'ed. I be looking at them with a range of emotions :whoo::leon::takedat: but then I turn to :wtb::what:........while I continue to order they bullshyt. They, in turn, looking at me like "Ha, :umad:!"

You say that but Americans by and large dont have an interest in traditional chinese or asian food. Thats the whole reason this cuisine exists, not because they are scheming behind the counter like "ohhh we will not let the blacks eat our food". :upsetfavre:

A lot of people dont have any interest or the stomach for many traditional chinese dishes. They want chicken fry rye. They want egg rolls. They want lo mein.

How many Americans be lining up to eat this shyt?

3434764559_199715301f.jpg

220px-Stinky_Tofu_Fried.jpg

:shaq2: