ARMS

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
didn't do the motion controls for that one. Straight handheld. This is another getting use to like Splatoon was for me. once you everyone got the hang of it in the complete game, this shyt is gonna be intense. Left with wanting more just like the Splatoon 2 testfire.

:mjlol: I took some (A LOT) Ls thou. My most intense fights were with Min Min. Damn :whew:

but I need to figure out how to face that fukking Mummy. dude straight SQUASHED me in one battle. All he did was guard, and approach closer and closer to me.

:patrice:not sure how I feel about being strapped to your teammate in team battle atm. I was doing a lot better when my teammate fukked around and got KOed. But facing 2 people was damn near impossible.

Can't wait for the full game. There's definitely gonna be people who learn how deep the game goes and become REAL good at it. and then the fools like me just equipping any random arms and heading into a fight. :mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
tried motion controls and was winning more. But volleyball was harder with motion controls. I did :banderas: in my last match thou as Min Min vs Mechanica. I was getting that work from her for the entire session till that last match. kept cool and kept my dash game on point, for her ability to stay in the air for a little longer.

One thing I don't like with motion controls is when it comes to team battles and 3 ways. I still have to push the up arrow button on the left joycon which is inconvenient during battle. A lot easier to press that button when using the controller.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even know the testpunch was on tonight. I thought it was only at 8AM today :snoop:
p2yo6zN.png

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I kept getting grabbed and miss alot.

Still getting the game tho

I think you use the analog stick to do a curve, and when you block, expect them to try for a grab, that's when you dodge and go for a punch.

My last match of the last testpunch will haunt me and that player till the game comes out. :mjlol: we were both Ribbon girl, and the start of the match said server maintenance was gonna take place, so I thought ok last match for sure. I was giving her THAT WORK and even getting the healing when I didn't even need it. time is nearing the end, and out of fukking nowhere she starts making a comeback had me :damn: I'm out here panicking, and doing stupid dodging and and getting grabbed and we at equal low health, and like 5 seconds left, only for the server to completely disconnect us from the battle. :whew: :dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Played the last test punch at 8PM. it was funner. I got the hang of the controls now. I'm still on the fence about buying it though. I don't want a dust collector as I can't see me playing this in the long run but idk.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Played the last test punch at 8PM. it was funner. I got the hang of the controls now. I'm still on the fence about buying it though. I don't want a dust collector as I can't see me playing this in the long run but idk.

Yeah, I see mixed reactions, people actually telling others not to "force themselves to like ARMS if they don't like fighting games for the sake of the community" whatever that means, but that's not how this works. Either the game is for you, or not. I know I'm getting this not because "OH shyt, ANOTHER NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE" I'm getting it, because I had fun with the demo, and, and that's only a small portion, like they did for the testfire in splatoon. I'm def gonna be playing it in at the convenience of the handheld mode, in the comfort anywhere in the house, like i'm doing with MK8D. And I'll pop it in and play it, like I played Smash, and Splatoon on Wii U, at random times for random amount of hours, or even minutes. Just like Wii sports boxing as well, the local multiplayer would be great for some friends and fam too.

Nintendo, will probably release the Smash port, for people they know this game won't fully pull in.

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
Are you holding the controllers the right way?

It ain't like zelda or the other games It goes like this
The rail (SR SL buttons) are held outwards.

I made the same mistake, but motion controls work for me

I was holding it the right way

couldn't get the hang of moving around, and switching players during a 1v1v1 match is awkard since you have to press the up button on the left joycon

I used traditional controls and had a lot more fun. Day 1 cop for me.