Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Type B controls had quick boost set to R2 wasn't sure I was gonna like that so I customized quick boost to R1 and right hand weapon to R2.

It does feel better when I don't have to leave the right stick to boost :ehh:

Even killed the tutorial boss a bit faster

You made it look simple. I was just reading GameFaqs forum and dudes there are still CRYING about the tutorial boss. Do nikkas lack coordination?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You made it look simple. I was just reading GameFaqs forum and dudes there are still CRYING about the tutorial boss. Do nikkas lack coordination?

Probably a good decision refunding it if they can’t beat the helicopter. That thing is a push over compared to a couple of bosses i just beat

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
thats-crazy-camron.gif
Lol I took him out now.

I had the wrong tactics and was on the ground trying to shoot and hide.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
plasma bubble gun is powerful, but totally unsatisfying to use. Them little dinky bubbles don’t even make a sound.

Gun is like the toyota prius of the game :mjlol:
can't use it. same here

the sound design and impact on all the other weapons are set the bar too high. don't care if its good. even pokemon's bubble beam looks better

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
this sea spider fakkit :camby:

It took me awhile to figure him out.

You have to stagger him to get the big damage or you'll run out of ammo. Here's some things I noticed fighting him

• Boost forward when he lunges at you to attack. If you're fast enough you can use the charge sword. If not just use w.e you have that can burst stagger. I used the shoulder laser rifles there.
  • When he does the two red missiles that explode napalm you can do the homing thrust while dodging them and attack with a melee weapon if you have it. You can also home in on him when he does the laser beam that sweeps and area.
  • In phase two when he does the coral attack don't be on the ground.
My build was the charge sword, two laser rifles on the shoulder and the plasma cannnon that shoots purple lasers. The two plasma cannons create alot of stagger when you shoot them at the same time but the recoil leaves you vulnerable. The plasma cannon was used to keep the stagger bar up. I'd knock him into stagger with the dual plasma rifles or a single plasma cannon shot. When he was stagger I'd use the charge sword and charge the plasma so I could hit him with a full blast after the sword attack.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
looks like Starscream Optimus Prime , and Megatron got all their DNA spliced :dead:

I had fun making the a Starscream skin. I think I'm going to make some other Transformers next time I play. I downloaded the Deception emblem from reddit but they got the Autobot one too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It took me awhile to figure him out.

You have to stagger him to get the big damage or you'll run out of ammo. Here's some things I noticed fighting him

• Boost forward when he lunges at you to attack. If you're fast enough you can use the charge sword. If not just use w.e you have that can burst stagger. I used the shoulder laser rifles there.
  • When he does the two red missiles that explode napalm you can do the homing thrust while dodging them and attack with a melee weapon if you have it. You can also home in on him when he does the laser beam that sweeps and area.
  • In phase two when he does the coral attack don't be on the ground.
My build was the charge sword, two laser rifles on the shoulder and the plasma cannnon that shoots purple lasers. The two plasma cannons create alot of stagger when you shoot them at the same time but the recoil leaves you vulnerable. The plasma cannon was used to keep the stagger bar up. I'd knock him into stagger with the dual plasma rifles or a single plasma cannon shot. When he was stagger I'd use the charge sword and charge the plasma so I could hit him with a full blast after the sword attack.

Yeah, knowing to dodge forward for his stupid crab slam attack is vital for the first phase. And always two dodges for his basic beam attack.

For the second phase you need to be mindful of a build that keeps you up in the air for as long as possible. If you’re on the ground you’re going to get slaughtered. That sword spin attack he does is either an Instant KO if you’re on the ground or an easy win if you’re in the air