Ark : Survival Evolved [PC|PS4|XB1]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
ARK: Survival Evolved Developers Make Good on Their First $100 Bug Finding Bounty

The process of finding and eliminating bugs in a game before release is an arduous process and can cost developers and publishers a good deal of money in QA.

The developers of ARK: Survival Evolved thought of a unique way to go about eliminating bugs in the Steam Early Access version of ARK; paying players $100 for each gameplay-effecting bug they find and report to the developers.

The first $100 bounty was made good on today with the devs paying $100 to Steam user ZeroDay(++) for the reporting of an issue that could cause the game’s servers to crash unexpectedly. After providing the team with the steps to replicate the problem, ZeroDay promptly had $100 deposited in his PayPal account.

The entire process was detailed in a post on the game’s Steam Community Forums and an update is scheduled to fix the bug in question.

You can check out ARK: Survival Evolved in all its dinosaur hunting/riding glory on Steam Early Access, or when the game officially launches on PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime next year.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
ARK: Survival Evolved Developers Make Good on Their First $100 Bug Finding Bounty

The process of finding and eliminating bugs in a game before release is an arduous process and can cost developers and publishers a good deal of money in QA.

The developers of ARK: Survival Evolved thought of a unique way to go about eliminating bugs in the Steam Early Access version of ARK; paying players $100 for each gameplay-effecting bug they find and report to the developers.

The first $100 bounty was made good on today with the devs paying $100 to Steam user ZeroDay(++) for the reporting of an issue that could cause the game’s servers to crash unexpectedly. After providing the team with the steps to replicate the problem, ZeroDay promptly had $100 deposited in his PayPal account.

The entire process was detailed in a post on the game’s Steam Community Forums and an update is scheduled to fix the bug in question.

You can check out ARK: Survival Evolved in all its dinosaur hunting/riding glory on Steam Early Access, or when the game officially launches on PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime next year.

that's a really efficient way of making sure a game is cleaned up and ready to go on day 1.
i'd like to see this become an industry standard.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's on sale for $20 until the 9th. I'm tempted :lupe:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Seems like that's the trend, these bloody timed demos for interesting games like this. Couldn't even make a move in Elite Dangerous before it expired on me. I gotta watch my brother play his version on steam. This game sounds fun as hell but the community can be major a$$holes from what I've heard.

High powered dudes just smashing your huts and killing you for sport and I heard whenever you're logged off your character is STILL within the world sleeping. :damn:I've read far too many stories of doing logging on only to wake up and meet their characters chained in rape dungeons with dudes extracting blood and shyt to make items.:heh:
:dahell:I dunno....this game seems like it'll be fun as fukk to play for the absurd shyt that happens but I ain't paying 30 quid to get raped 'cause I wasn't online to protect myself.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is ALWAYS a best seller on steam. Not sure why, because it has low user reviews. But I guess the survivor game community has latched onto it.

I don't even get why these types of games are fun :jbhmm:

Daps
havent payed this since June but its ok and in very early access. The progression of going from primitive technology to building motherboards and rocket launchers is cool. too rough right now to play in anything but singe player and the combat is like oblivion but worse. cant really recommend unless you want a dinosaur game