Ari Lennox expresses her frustration of Lizzo and H.e.r winning soul train awards over her

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The definition of soul hasn’t changed
The standard of soul has changed. Ari is trying to incorporate Jazzy vocal stylings and neo soul/funk into a 2019 trap music industry. She's already swimming against the tide so I can understand her frustration with not winning an award at an award show that usually gives artists like her the spotlight. She's not pop and I wouldn't consider her traditional R&B.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
There's no justification for being a hater :camby:

Especially for an artist that's actually popping with show money and songs on the radio

I have all the talent in the world and couldn't get on to save my life and not once have I hated on Drake or any other rapper on top. I think some are overrated but I don't resent their success. How this chick got songs on the radio, somewhat of a machine behind her, show money and crying victim? :scust:

Chick lost a fan before she even made one :camby:

And I don't even like Lizzo, H.E.R is :noah: tho

But it ain't about that I just don't fukk with haters and this chick is a hater

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Arie Lennox is the same person that was saying she’s overwhelmed by all the work that comes with being a successful artist a few weeks ago but now she’s expecting awards :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Are you sure about that?
w6snUMJU_o.png

Lizzo makes songs with the intent of appealing to black women, but white women flock to them instead because black women realize how corny they really sound.
Show me where white women flock to Lizzo instead of black women?

And you’re calling her music corny not women

she’s the new age Missy

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Show me where white women flock to Lizzo instead of black women?

And you’re calling her music corny not women

she’s the new age Missy
There's a reason her songs are in commercials and pop/top 40 stations instead of black radio. One of the biggest (:lolbron:) black artists out and I NEVER hear her songs on stations like 95.7 down here in VA. Even Alessia Cara got a little burn with "Here" on there.

New Missy? :mjlol: Just because she's fat, black, and has a little bit of a personality doesn't make her a new Missy. She has to make songs black people care about first and foremost.