Ari Lennox expresses her frustration of Lizzo and H.e.r winning soul train awards over her

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
If she wants to be appreciated, she better get on the jazz festival circuit and fukk with a fanbase that will rock with her for the next 20 years. Lizzo will be gone in 2 years once the CACs who are pandering up her ego move on to some other shyt or a fat white bytch flat out sharks her formula.

Ari better study Esperanza Spalding and learn how to get a lane that no one else can get into.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
New Soul :francis:

Neo Soul

That new shyt don't hit the same. :francis: :wow:

Touché..
But a lot of people need to take their “nostalgia” headphones off
And give the youngin’s some burn..
Every generation is different..
And it’s a lot of young brehs/brehettes..
Putting good content out..
It’s just like with my ma dukes and uncles..
That can’t stand 90s r&b..
And look at Jill Scott as bogus..
I had to get them to a place to give it a try..
It’s the same now..
80s/early 90s babies are saying the same thing..
But how are you going to say it’s no good artist or music out there..
If you always comparing and closing your ears to the new stuff..
We all know vocal strengths and beats change and are not the same of the legends..
But r&b and soul have always had the same content..
It’s just the vernacular has changed:yeshrug:
That scene in “I think I love my wife” is very poignant when Kerry Washington called out Chris Rock for having “old nikka ears”:mjlol:
Sometimes you just have to embrace the new..
And stop smelling old nostalgia blankets:yeshrug:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Lizzo largest demo is black women
Are you sure about that?
w6snUMJU_o.png

Lizzo makes songs with the intent of appealing to black women, but white women flock to them instead because black women realize how corny they really sound.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If she wants to be appreciated, she better get on the jazz festival circuit and fukk with a fanbase that will rock with her for the next 20 years. Lizzo will be gone in 2 years once the CACs who are pandering up her ego move on to some other shyt or a fat white bytch flat out sharks her formula.

Ari better study Esperanza Spalding and learn how to get a lane that no one else can get into.

Made me go back to some old compilations. :banderas:

@Kiyoshi-Dono I'm never letting go of my nostalgia blanket. That 10K thread egyptian silk quality. :ufdup: But you're right, this ain't my time. Ima let those young girls be. :hubie:

Last edited:

Berry

Negro Swan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okaga,CA
It was a beautiful album and I understand wanting to get recognized but sometimes you really can’t put a lot of stock into all these awards.. sometimes great artists, actors, etc get them later than they should have

Also Lizzo and H.E.R had a lot of success this year with their releases so why diminish that

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
The 1st song of that NPR video wasn't it, breh. I certainly ain't buying an album of that. :beli:
I didn’t listen, if it was wack then I take your word for it. I don’t care that much

all I know is my homegirl took me to see her live, and she blew. Only song of hers i knew before hand was Whipped Cream, Shea Butter Baby and Backseat, but she gained a fan. Listened to her album afterwards and it was fire.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I didn’t listen, if it was wack then I take your word for it. I don’t care that much

all I know is my homegirl took me to see her live, and she blew. Only song of hers i knew before hand was Whipped Cream, Shea Butter Baby and Backseat, but she gained a fan. Listened to her album afterwards and it was fire.

She might be more of a Ledisi :ohhh:. Ledisi live and Ledisi on wax are two different people, imo.

Respect, breh.
full