Are you the type of person to go out your way for others but..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup I've done it numerous times helping pit just to be burned

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ OP: don't be a martyr. just stop helping people who don't reciprocate. Stop tricking. stop giving attention to women who don't give any energy back. stop expecting a payback for your good deeds. What if that person you looked out for died tomorrow, are you gonna be pissed at them cause they can't pay you back?

Don't mean to be harsh but if that shyt keeps happening to you, maybe you enjoy being a victim...

peep the lyrics

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused....

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Pretty much my whole life :wow:
I just like helping people, I wish more people would be grateful when I do though.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
@ OP: don't be a martyr. just stop helping people who don't reciprocate. Stop tricking. stop giving attention to women who don't give any energy back. stop expecting a payback for your good deeds. What if that person you looked out for died tomorrow, are you gonna be pissed at them cause they can't pay you back?

Don't mean to be harsh but if that shyt keeps happening to you, maybe you enjoy being a victim...

peep the lyrics

Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics (lyrics) - YouTube
I feel you. good lyrics.

its not even about them repaying me or anything.

examples:

friend breaks leg -- i drive to visit him or her, bring whatever they need, and check in on them. they most likely wouldnt do the same for me.:mindblown:

friend's bday -- i set up the party, take off work, drive down, bring everybody out for the occasion. they "couldnt get my bday weekend off":why:

friend moves into a new house -- i go visit, bring a gift, etc.
i moved into a new spot in Jan -- this nikka aint been here ever :ehh::ehh:

fukk these niccas:beli:

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Part of life, but it's up to you to smarten up, not them

Old folks used to say "you see a fool, bump his head."

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm a firm believer if you're good to others they'll help you out when you need it. If not, oh well. Shouldn't stop you from helping someone when you can.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
yup i been feeling this way for a while, but no i see myself changing, cause everybody that i use to help is grown now, an i use to look out for them and make sure they had everything, some of them being my brothers and sisters cause our mama and pops died and i felt i had to do for them and some are older then me, but now i im getting to the point where that old me is gone, cause its like they really dont care at all or try to be there for u when u need them

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This thread describes me to the fullest. :wow:

I've done so much good shyt for people over the years and I hardly ever got love back in return. Check this out - I hung out with some friends from my old work place last summer, then I got a new job, and I hardly ever hear from them. Ever.

I got a happy bday from this one chick friend (she's dating another good friend of mine) and then later she asked if I wanted to come over and chill for her bday. So I asked off from work so I could go. And on top of that, I actually bought her something for her bday because I felt like I would be tacky. And those two haven't hung out with me since Nov of last year.

shyt causes me to smoke more cigarettes and hold bitterness in my heart. :birdman: And when I bring this up to any of them they sigh like :beli: "shyt here he goes" but it's the goddamn truth.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This thread describes me to the fullest. :wow:

I've done so much good shyt for people over the years and I hardly ever got love back in return. Check this out - I hung out with some friends from my old work place last summer, then I got a new job, and I hardly ever hear from them. Ever.

I got a happy bday from this one chick friend (she's dating another good friend of mine) and then later she asked if I wanted to come over and chill for her bday. So I asked off from work so I could go. And on top of that, I actually bought her something for her bday because I felt like I would be tacky. And those two haven't hung out with me since Nov of last year.

shyt causes me to smoke more cigarettes and hold bitterness in my heart. :birdman: And when I bring this up to any of them they sigh like :beli: "shyt here he goes" but it's the goddamn truth.
I'm here for you :sadcam:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm here for you :sadcam:

I appreciate it. Idk sometimes I feel like I know people on this board (and on others) more better than I know people in real life.

I've always been there for people when they're down and needing help but once everything is good and well they're pretty much like "Well everythings good now. You'll hardly hear from us and we'll hardly ask you to hang out. You can go fukk off now." That's just the way I feel about it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
yr excuse to not logging out at all in the past 24?

I been in bed since Thursday at 10 a.m. breh.

had all four wisdoms pulled so i been on the coli, neflix and only left my bed for applesauce, bathroom and to re-up on redbox dvds :myman:

its gone be hard going back to work :lupe2:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Reading this thread.:to:

Seems to me like my coli brethern need to discover the power of [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thick-Face-Black-Heart-Succeeding/dp/1857881257/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370765205&sr=1-2&keywords=thick+face+black+heart"]Thick Face, Black Heart.[/ame]

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
i feel you but these are lifelong friends and even family :yeshrug:

idk how to do this...i wish i could just fade away for a month or two or some shyt :birdman:

shyt happens to me as well:snoop::to:

The thing is the energy is never given back the same way its been given out....

Thats why I started to become selfish..

im just tired of it.....

tumblr_mddzmvGOoR1rst7cg.gif

I feel your pain...but you gotta learn how to make people earn your trust and friendship. You find out who your real friends are (and aren't) in times like this.

Pretty much my whole life :wow:
I just like helping people, I wish more people would be grateful when I do though.

:whoo: this thread hit home.

I've been the type to support and be there for people whether it is to have a deep convo, be that shoulder, attend one of their events/ celebrations and show love or simply be ready if they need a nikka...

Alot of those feelings changed when a nikka got married. A whole set of friends not only didn't come but didn't call to, at least, say they weren't able to come. When they called, it was some of the wackest excuses ever conceived...

"My grandfather is gravely ill and may die at any moment so I won't be able to make it...." nikka, MY WEDDING IS 3 WEEKS AWAY:comeon:

1 month after the wedding: "Sorry I wasn't able to make it, something came up":comeon: Something came up? nikka, THIS MY WEDDING!!

These the same nikkas who would be at an club that involved free drinks within 5 minutes of hearing about it. And if drinks weren't free I'D TYPICALLY WOULD BUY THEM THE DRINKS!!

I try not to take shyt personal as I get older but lowkey shyt burns.

Like someone said earlier, my wife and 2 to 3 others are truly there for a brother. shyt's sad :snoop: