Are You Living In A World City?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
One of the posters above is right. Being a regular folk in a major city doesn't mean much if you're just getting by and not a major player in the area. It simply means you have more access to entertainment. If you ain't famous nor at least making 100k+, what's there to be proud of if you didn't have much contribution other than paying taxes.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Da fukk. I stay in arguably the technology capital of the world. San Jose is basically all of Santa Clara county... and the capital of silicon valley. 10th largest city in the country and not even on the list. Take san jose out and you fakkits arent even on the net. Facebook, google, apple, nvidia, dell, oracle, usa samsung, sun microchips, cisco, yahoo, linkedin, citrix and intel are all within a 5-10 min drive of each other. Dumbass amount of industry here. I dont get it. Not on the list smh

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Da fukk. I stay in arguably the technology capital of the world. San Jose is basically all of Santa Clara county... and the capital of silicon valley. 10th largest city in the country and not even on the list. Take san jose out and you fakkits arent even on the net. Facebook, google, apple, nvidia, dell, oracle, usa samsung, sun microchips, cisco, yahoo, linkedin, citrix and intel are all within a 5-10 min drive of each other. Dumbass amount of industry here. I dont get it. Not on the list smh

A nikka gotta be extremely smart to be in them companies in San Jose and make that dough.'

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
A nikka gotta be extremely smart to be in them companies in San Jose and make that dough.'

Just gotta have a degree fam. I work at a dotcom and I'm going to be honest, office life ain't for me. Moving to Tucson to go back to school and get my masters in a different field next year.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
some of the criteria for being an alpha city is having an economic and cultural influence on the rest of the world.

london is a huge banking center and many world banks have offices there.

in terms of culture, how many people across the world speak English?

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
All Im saying is that the South Bay is the 2nd strongest economic center in terms of sub-areas in California. Stronger GDP than SF. And even stronger gdp than any area of LA of the same size. This is an industry city providing technology worldwide. Everyone knows silicon valley.
:yes:

So in regards to influence, name a nikka we aint influenced.
:patrice:

We import and export workers to and from Asia, Australia and Europe. I'm not calling for a top 5 position. But for us not to be even on the list is fukkery. At Least an Alpha -
:childplease: