Are y’all still going to be buying games at full price and never touch them?

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Haven’t finished none of the games I’ve bought. Forgot I even own Final Fantasy 7 remake :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol that’s not how it works over here...the reason I have a huge backlog of games is bcuz incredible deals came out on games I wasn’t quite ready to play yet so I said lemme buy it now and play it later...sometimes these deals take months to come around again depending on the game

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:francis:

Never understood this backlog phenom in gaming

Who is gong to clean up their act for next gen?

breh I’ve gotten better at this. Unless it’s something I know I’m going to finish, I’ve been waiting for stuff to go on sale.

beginning of the generation also coincided with me entering the work force so I bought a lot of shyt on release date that I only touched once or twice, just because I could.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
lol that’s not how it works over here...the reason I have a huge backlog of games is bcuz incredible deals came out on games I wasn’t quite ready to play yet so I said lemme buy it now and play it later...sometimes these deals take months to come around again depending on the game
From what I see most games go on sale and stay on sale.

it’s not like a game gets discounted to $20 then goes back to $60

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think games go on sale for like 15-20% off after a few months, then, after a while, that becomes the new price.

Atleast from what I’ve seen.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Na, we buy them for discounted prices.....

And still don't play them
This. My backlog consists of discounted games.

shyt, only game in recent memory I bought on release date was Mass Effect 2 and Batman Arkham City. I played and finished both games immediately.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think games go on sale for like 15-20% off after a few months, then, after a while, that becomes the new price.

Atleast from what I’ve seen.

Depends on the game and publisher, really.

If the game's popular enough, it'll go on sale, hold it's original price, and then just normally be featured in sales.

I think the year mark is when you can expect permanent price drops for most games, since the base version of the game will probably be replaced by a new SKU that includes a bunch of add-ons for the original $60.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Unless it's a game I just gotta play, I always get my games when they go on sale. I'll probably pay full price for Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077 though.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Just bought sea of thieves and halo wars 2 for $15 shipped via Best Buy with gcu. I don’t ever plan on playing them op.

Only buying titles like that because of stuff I sold during the Saturn/ps1 era. Its a pain to get those games at reasonable price in 2020.

I did pre order the new Mario rpg and I will play that from start the finish when it drops. Going to start xenoblade tomorrow and hopefully finish by by the time Mario drops.

I didn’t get Final Fantasy remake yet because I know I don’t have time to play it. I did sneak in The Sega Ages rerelease of Shinobi for the switch, almost 1cc’d but I couldn’t remember the final boss pattern .

Classic

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
I still haven’t finished GOW or Spider-Man :snoop: My set up is not ideal, my TV is too high up on my dresser drawer, I need a tv stand so I can play at eye level and a good chair to go with it. Definitely doing that by November + a modern tv. My current TV is 42in but 720p :francis:

Once I fix those I’ll be back in business and start finishing games again.
Breh I havent even OPENED them :picard: