Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
ok....i sure hope not :wow:
Why would I listen to a bunch of irrelevant dudes who I probably wouldn't give the time of day anyway :russ:! If I want to fukk a white, Asian, inidian, or black dude I will and still maintain my black pride. What I find hilarious is how many of these dudes ignore the nikkas that ain't even married to a black woman that always got something to say about black women...

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Partly, but it mostly comes from media influence.

What i can't get over is how black men openly call their women 'b1tches' like it's nothing.

No other race of men disrespects their women as much as black men.

You hang around with black men who are disrespectful to black women ?
Ae4qrox.png

But the non-black men you hang around are perfect gentlemen to their women?
Ae4qrox.png

Tell me more
4M5SUNZ.png

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NONE. Black men play NO ROLE.

I love Black men, but I am NOT externally validated and I am NOT a victim.

Yes, we live in a f#cked up society, BUT SO WHAT....

I am not a victim. I am powerful, I am beautiful and I am brilliant.

I don't need ANYONE to tell me that.

I think that if more people learned to LOVE THEMSELVES and feel good about THEMSELVES our society would have less problems...

YOU don't owe anyone anything...

YOUR WOMAN should know that YOU LOVE HER immeasurably, NOT because of her LOOKS, but because of all that she is as an individual...

What if someone gets in accident? Or something affects their LOOKS? Do they stop being worthy of love and respect and admiration?

No.

I love Black men but BLACK MEN don't owe ME anything.

I don't OWN Black men no one owns me.

I am my own person
. I came to this Earth alone and I will leave alone.

If a person doesn't KNOW they're beautiful, someone else telling them is NOT going to help them.

They have bigger issues... Judging by the garbage that people post on social media, there's an epidemic of low self esteem.

I don't want anyone who just wants me for my looks, because I am more than my looks or my body. I am more than my beauty.

So you do you and Imma do me... and we'll all get along just fine.

post of the century :obama:

Daps
Reppin
LWO
Why would I listen to a bunch of irrelevant dudes who I probably wouldn't give the time of day anyway :russ:! If I want to fukk a white, Asian, inidian, or black dude I will and still maintain my black pride. What I find hilarious is how many of these dudes ignore the nikkas that ain't even married to a black woman that always got something to say about black women...

It ain't nothing wrong with having high self-esteem, but you said that like you fine or some sh!t :russ:

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: at the low self esteem "female" coli trolls consoling each other:heh: a the attempt to convince themselves that they don't care what people here think.
Ironically they are in a thread about how someone else ruined their self esteem and should fix it. This shyt never gets old.

Daps
Since I'm not a black woman I'm not going to pretend to know what they think but I will speak from my personal experience.

Growing up I dominated in High school sports so black women,white,Spanish, Asian and even bad azz Arab chicks were coming at me left and right. it was the same for my teammates too. we were all getting any woman we wanted because we're perceived as more masculine and dominating whereas the mulattos were meterosexuals.

Why do you speak in generalities?

Your statement that all black people look at dark skin as a negative is beyond crazy. Have you actually had contact with the forty plus million black people in America? No,you're just spewing bull shyt you read on the internet. But let's follow your logic for second. If black Americans view dark skin as negative then why is it we've managed to preserve our identity for over three hundred years in America?

In other words, the majority of us still have dark skin due to reproducing with the opposite sex that shares our skin tone so your theory that black people look at dark skin as negative is wrong.

Is there a portion of the black population who hate themselves and look at dark skin as negative?of course but they are indeed a small fraction of the over all Black population.

I can tell from that racial breakdown and "okayness" with interracial dating that you didn't grow up in the dirty (or not a small town in the dirty) where this attitude is most prevalent. Also again, there's a difference between brown "darkskin" and "African" dark skin. But whatever, keep acting like because you didn't grow up around a bunch of ignant blacks that that attitude doesn't exist.

I guess Chestnut and Cheadle just didn't get bytches growing up cause they're ugly and weren't confident, right?

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
I can tell from that racial breakdown and "okayness" with interracial dating that you didn't grow up in the dirty (or not a small town in the dirty) where this attitude is most prevalent. Also again, there's a difference between brown "darkskin" and "African" dark skin. But whatever, keep acting like because you didn't grow up around a bunch of ignant blacks that that attitude doesn't exist.

I guess Chestnut and Cheadle just didn't get bytches growing up cause they're ugly and weren't confident, right?

The average Black females skin complexion in America resembles Serena Williams.The average Black males skin complexion in America is the same as Michael Vick's.

Again, the vast majority of black America is dark skin.

Instead of making this complicated with brown,medium brown etc... lets just settle on the notion that if you're darker than Alicia Keys than your dark skin.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'll just leave this here. I was at work and this black girl had her hair natural in a pony tail that went straight up. Some white girl come by asking her why she got her hair like that?

I interjected and told her "it looks good" :myman: she was like "I think it does too"
lil things like that will give them the confidence to rock it natural and keep it.

Superstar
Daps
yes, predominantly the ones who date black. however, you guys should focus on solutions rather than arguing about who is to blame

Daps
First question? When did self - hate become a black woman's problem versus the black man's? You don't think the rest of the world is going to look at black men (especially those in positions of influence) with 'other' women by their sides and scratch their heads?

Next, to blame a sole party for someone else's self esteem is unproductive. Of course there are usually several contributing factors.

Yes we live in a white supremacist society. It is what it is.

I have never bought into the idea that white was more beautiful. I simply understood that we live in a white supremacist culture and those in power were going to use all of their resources to enforce and uphold that standard. One of the tactics they use to do this is to actively belittle our (black) beauty and value.

I'd be here all day if I explained my many observations. The white man needs to do this so that he can brainwash himself into believing that what he has is golden and black women are promiscuous, unfeminine man chasing whores and he need not allow himself to be lured away lest he fall in love and by doing so make the black race appear to have something over him. He will not thirst openly for others like the black man.

White men find me very attractive, they have since I was a girl (well, boys then). It's given me problems with women (white) in the workplace. I always knew the lies of white supremacy weren't true early based on that.

Attraction is much more than a physical look. All races have their unique beauty. It's about perceived value. It's physcological.

Black men also should credit black women for helping their desirability to others. Not that black men weren't desirable before, but let's not forget white supremacy and it's propaganda against the black race and how it is used to poison the minds of others in regards to us.

If there is any criticism I have of black men, it's not putting your women on a pedestal and representing for us. Not only does it help the black woman, it makes YOU look good. It is the ONLY thing that will ultimately make you seem like a real threat to other races.

The white man understands the power in this. Black men do not.

No hating, it just is.

Last edited:

Windwaker

Banned
Daps
If you say no, you are lying. Outside of white supremacy, the male to female dynamic is unequal. Men have the upper hand. And black men who constantly fawn over light brights, red, yella, or even white passing chicks have to take responsibility. It's a few members here I've seen that have said point blank that they don't like women who have nappy hair, and only like women with that good curly hair. That's what we constantly hear in our communities from certain men. I'm the darkest in my family, but my brothers and father made me love that (even though a few family members told me that my good hair gives me a pass). Y'all gotta stop with this double talk bullshyt. White run media tells us to model ourselves closer to Eurocentric beauty ideals, but our brothers need to step in and be more proactive and counter that. That's all I'm saying.
I thought black women didn't need no man?? Why can't black women step up and counter Eurocentric beauty ideals themselves? Instead of spending all their money on hair weave?!?!?!?!?!?!