are we going to watch the butler?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'll only download if I even feel the need. But to actually go out to watch it? Hell no....and I have an unlimited card to watch movies but I'm not going out my way to see this trash.

The mere fact that it's portraying Black Panthers to be troublemakers alone is a reason not to support it.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Nope, not going to watch it, I didn't watch Django either. Make a movie about when those Africans moors came over and took over Spain, then were talking... Til then u can keep your slave/servant movies to yourself. They pump these bullshyt movies about black folks in weak positions then make it about how they "overcame" it and black folk lap that shyt up

Eh, I get the gist of what you're saying but I think it's more of an attempt to humanize and provide a more nuanced understanding to our perspective of slavery and servitude (humiliation, blahblahblah) that black people coped with then. I appreciate it when it tries to provide historical insight at least.

I love FW though.

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Id be embarrassed to sit in a theatre to watch this filth.

When this flops they say.

*well there are films with individuals of African descent, you just dont go to see them*

:rudy:

Its so demonic, friends :sitdown:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm not seein it either. something about paying to see a black man
wb-frog-o.gif
for 2 hours in 2013 isn't too high on my list of priorities.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Oprah love getting her early 1900's black struggle on. Color Purple, Beloved and now this.

When the last time she played a character after the civil right era?

man you left out the women of brewster place. saw my wife watching that shyt on netflix a few months ago. talk about struggle :sadcam: