Are Vitamins and Supplements a Waste of Money?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, I love meat (:dame:) and I’ll be damned if I stop eating it. I don’t eat red meat anymore. Chicken, turkey and sometimes lamb stays in rotation. For me, it’s all about moderation. I try to eat more green leafy vegetables and try and eat smaller portions of meat.

Sadly grass fed red meats have the highest quality of amino acids (especially the organ meats...:dame:)

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Get your blood drawn and see what you’re deficient in. Supplement and eat for your deficiencies. With the exception of high quality magnesium, with everything else you’re guessing.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
what?

can u explain more on this
Most fitness influencers are on drugs, steroids etc. Their bodies aren't from strict diets and the supplements and protein powders they push to their followers.

You don't need all those pills and powders.. just real food.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Low key what if the only supplements you needed that worked were:
baking soda- takes out the lactic acid burn during exercise
salt- if you don't eat a lot of salt
creatine- if you don't eat a lot of meat
fish oil- if you don't eat fish
caffeine- is a performance enhancer

literally everything else you get from your diet (EAA/BCAA/Vitamins) think about how much loot you can save.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I think the "bad soil" argument is overblown. Also, fertilizer is typically fortified these days further making this unlikely. Ripeness has much more impact. Wisely eating at least 2000 calories from whole foods will meet most benchmarks.

Just looked at the first reference. The difference over 50 years is in the range of 0.5-10mg per 100g (weight) of each. Some metrics IMPROVED over that span. Nutrition journalism and videogame journalism have much in common. :heh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I think the "bad soil" argument is overblown. Also, fertilizer is typically fortified these days further making this unlikely. Ripeness has much more impact. Wisely eating at least 2000 calories from whole foods will meet most benchmarks.

Just looked at the first reference. The difference over 50 years is in the range of 0.5-10mg per 100g (weight) of each. Some metrics IMPROVED over that span. Nutrition journalism and videogame journalism have much in common. :heh:
Truth be told, I only posted it because it just so happened to be a topic. I love T-Nation but you have to take a lot of their supplement articles lightly because it’s usually a way of promoting there supplements.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I take a multivitamin and protein after a workout but that's it.

You gotta be careful. People out here thinking "more is better!" Your body don't even be needing shyt but commercials on TV be convincing you
":jbhmm: you know what, maybe I'm not getting enough fiber. Let me get some fiber pills. I can afford them!"

Four days later they like :sadcam: constipated as fukk. Now they need milk of magnesia or another medicine or supplement or pill or powder.
Can't sleep? There's a pill for that. Too much sleep? There's a pill for that! Too tired? Pill! Not tired enough? Pill!

Most people don't know the difference between being hungry and thirsty. They over eat because every time their stomach churns they are like "I'm hungry!" And they drink 2-3 cokes thinking thatll quench their thirst when it won't because it can't. A simple 8-10 ounces of water would though.

Daps
Vitamin Supplements work if you're diet is deficient in the essential vitamins and minerals. If you're not then VS will be a waste.
VS certain helps me. I have extreme eczema which gets so bad that my skin can get infected. When I started taking L-Arginine, L-Orthinine and Lysine tablets (2 everyday), my skin started to clear up incredibly quickly. Within a week my skin was damn near clear and I only get itchy now and again.
I take other VS as well. Helps with hair, immune system and blood flow.