Are Vitamins and Supplements a Waste of Money?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
almost everything we eat is vitamin enriched:yeshrug:
:duck:Cereals and things deemed "nutritious" are enriched if they are processed.

Even eating healthy stuff isn't going to give you 100% of your daily nutrients. People need 100% of the recommended nutritional vitamins and minerals, EVERYDAY. Your body doesn't absorb 100% of everything you put into it, that is why you waste.

Eating healthy foods, and consuming the right supplements for your body, is the best way to ensure your body is getting the recommended nutrition it needs:aicmon:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I take vitamins and they have helped me. I notice an energy boost when I take them and a drop in my performance when I don't. You do have to take them consistently. Most people take them for a week and feel or see no change so just like everything they give up on it then say they don't work.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
A solid multivitamin is a good way to coverup anything you're missing and just make sure you got what you need, especially since most people don't eat good diets

And you can't get just any multivitamin, get a good brand. I take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement personally, don't need them but I think they're beneficial as a student-athlete

Daps
They're meant to supplement not substitute. In that role, I've found them effective.

I went to give blood a few months ago. Since I have a rare blood type, they asked me to give power reds, which gives more red blood cells than the typical. However my iron was too low to give, so I ended up just giving regular. Started taking a multivitamin with 50% of the recommended daily value. Went back a few weeks ago, and my iron level was fine. :yeshrug:

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
I get that, but there are alternatives to pills. I pour organic milled flaxseed on my food, porridge etc. It’s the more natural way to get the essential minerals and vitamins as opposed to pills.

Milled-Organic-Flaxseed.png

Ground-Flaxseed-Cocoa-Strawberries-Blueberries-768x1200.png
How do you feel about eating meat? Cuz i understand it down to the energy itself and still cant stop eating certain shyt. I love these damn chorizo nachos at this one spot...and i like meat with my pasta as well. Im coo on steak and burgers. Chicken is easy to cut out as well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supplement by definition means in addition to.

Anyone that thinks popping pills or injections in lieu of an healthy diet is a clown and deserves what they get.

Another non-story tall running with

Don't understand simple definitions brehs

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too open of a question but yes they can be good and yes they can be a waste of money.

If you have a good diet with a lot of variety you don't require additional supplements if you live a normal lifestyle....The average person with proper nutrition doesn't need to spend money on additional supplement.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
How do you feel about eating meat? Cuz i understand it down to the energy itself and still cant stop eating certain shyt. I love these damn chorizo nachos at this one spot...and i like meat with my pasta as well. Im coo on steak and burgers. Chicken is easy to cut out as well.
I mean, I love meat (:dame:) and I’ll be damned if I stop eating it. I don’t eat red meat anymore. Chicken, turkey and sometimes lamb stays in rotation. For me, it’s all about moderation. I try to eat more green leafy vegetables and try and eat smaller portions of meat.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
I mean, I love meat (:dame:) and I’ll be damned if I stop eating it. I don’t eat red meat anymore. Chicken, turkey and sometimes lamb stays in rotation. For me, it’s all about moderation. I try to eat more green leafy vegetables and try and eat smaller portions of meat.
Your name + post content...god dammit man

Good looks for tha info...might have to get them damn nachos mane...they SLAP

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Mixed bag.

They can be helpful for filling gaps, but low quality supplements are accompanied with heavy metals from processing, comes in a form that has little effect, and/or may be in a detrimental amount.

Nutrition isn't an exact science. There are substances still being discovered to this day that will never make it to a nutrition label. Carrots have antibacterial properties. Well cooked mushrooms have anti-aromataze activty. Meat has vitamin C, just not the form they usually test for. Pineapples have a digestive aids and anti-inflamatory substances... most tropical and citrus fruit do, actually. Potato's protein amount and quality is much higher when you factor in its keto acids. The list goes on.

Food can't be replaced. Plug your food in something like Cronometer and see what you're lacking.

4oz of liver once a week and a serving or two of shellfish will cover most trace vitamins and minerals.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
You should get all your vitamins and minerals from foods. As someone said, taking all those pills are taxing on your liver.

Man I remember taking max strength vitamin D supplements on a daily.The first few days I felt more energetic and my dreams were more vivid but after a while.Those same supplements were giving me stomach cramps.That bullshyt supplement gave me explosive diarrhea and I would be going toilet like 6 times during a short period.It also made me fart and burp a lot.And them supplements are not cheap.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If you are busting nuts and working out daily and not taking supplements, you aint living right.:ufdup: