Are sound bars a real necessity?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sound bar is good enough for me.

Don't want no voices all behind me anyway

I be getting high, might fukk around and think I'm getting shot at foreal:pachaha:
Breh when they start shooting in the movies and you feel the air from the sub :banderas:

shyt makes it feel like the bullets whistling past you :ahh:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
for $150 you're probably gonna get a shytty soundbar

Its not cheap upgrading your sound

Personally I would go the av receiver and 5.1 setup for somebody new to the game unless you live in an apartment

A couple soundbar options under $200

Yamaha YAS-106
Sony HT-TC180
Vizio SB3851-CO

I have the vizio and sony,use them for my kids room and they're ok but I wouldn't use them.Heard the Yamaha decent

I recommend going the av receiver route though.You don't have to get everything all at once just get a receiver first.Start off with some cheap speakers and then later on get a nice speaker set or you can cop them individually at your own pace

For beginners I recommend a Denon receiver(around $300) and the monoprice 5.1 speaker set(around $200)

Thats a good starting point for beginners

A decent sound system gonna run you atleast $1000

Im about to upgrade to a atmos setup(7.2/5.1.2) and the receiver and speakers are gonna run me about $1300 altogether.....and thats a budget atmos setup :heh:

Its worth the money in the long run though because these things last forever

I still have an old 2.0 stereo av receiver in my closet I've has for over 20 years

When you make that step to atmos, it's just :ohlawd::noah:. I'm at 7.1.4 with my Onkyo receiver, every time I watch something :blessed:. That sound overhead is truly immersive and worth every penny.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

this is false breh. Decent for $1,000?

I'm gonna keep it 100 here, I still have my surround sound speakers I've had since 2002 situated in a 5.1 setup. Only thing I've updated is my receiver and my subwoofer. And the only reason I did that is because a thunder storm fried them. But when hooked up thru optical cable or HDMI it still rocks the gameroom. granted I dont watch movies much as most of you tho

No I don't have 7.1 audio or whatever but I have DTS/DD 5.1 and it still is plenty more than "decent". :manny:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps

Personally I would go the av receiver and 5.1 setup for somebody new to the game unless you live in an apartment

Yamaha YAS-106
Sony HT-TC180
Vizio SB3851-CO

I have the vizio and sony,use them for my kids room and they're ok but I wouldn't use them.Heard the Yamaha decent

I recommend going the av receiver route though.You don't have to get everything all at once just get a receiver first.Start off with some cheap speakers and then later on get a nice speaker set or you can cop them individually at your own pace

For beginners I recommend a Denon receiver(around $300) and the monoprice 5.1 speaker set(around $200)

Im about to upgrade to a atmos setup(7.2/5.1.2) and the receiver and speakers are gonna run me about $1300 altogether.....and thats a budget atmos setup :heh:

I still have an old 2.0 stereo av receiver in my closet I've has for over 20 years
I live in an apartment but I'm going to the mall now should I go to best buy? Target? Walmart?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps

Yamaha YAS-106
Sony HT-TC180
Vizio SB3851-CO

250 or less is my new budget

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I'm gonna keep it 100 here, I still have my surround sound speakers I've had since 2002 situated in a 5.1 setup. Only thing I've updated is my receiver and my subwoofer. And the only reason I did that is because a thunder storm fried them. But when hooked up thru optical cable or HDMI it still rocks the gameroom. granted I dont watch movies much as most of you tho

No I don't have 7.1 audio or whatever but I have DTS/DD 5.1 and it still is plenty more than "decent". :manny:
Yeah maybe I should've said $1000 for a good setup :manny:

The $500 setup I recommended him(Denon receiver and monoprice speakers & sub) is decent and will sound great to anyone if it's their first system

The thing is,once you upgrade the cheaper stuff starts sounding kinda shytty to you but for someone new to surround systems it'll sound great

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I live in an apartment but I'm going to the mall now should I go to best buy? Target? Walmart?
I don't know breh i do 99% of my electronic shopping online

All 3 stores should have soundbars though

And yeah I would just stick to soundbars for apartments if you dont want to be an a$$hole to your neighbors and deal with noise complaints

make sure to do a quick google search and read some reviews if you find something in the store you before you cop

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah maybe I should've said $1000 for a good setup :manny:

The $500 setup I recommended him(Denon receiver and monoprice speakers & sub) is decent and will sound great to anyone if it's their first system

The thing is,once you upgrade the cheaper stuff starts sounding kinda shytty to you but for someone new to surround systems it'll sound great

I hear you. Once someday I get a real in-home theater with maybe a projection screen and some seats, then I'll go ahead and get the big time stuff

But even now, I don't play videogames anymore and most new movies aren't appealing to me anymore either :mjcry: So I have little to no urge to upgrade.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I don't know breh i do 99% of my electronic shopping online

All 3 stores should have soundbars though

And yeah I would just stick to soundbars for apartments if you dont want to be an a$$hole to your neighbors and deal with noise complaints

make sure to do a quick google search and read some reviews if you find something in the store you before you cop
LG SH4 300 W is what I'm checking now.

Reviews seem good.

Thoughts?

Audemar

Superstar
Daps

@STAN JONES is not that far off actually. The Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers, the front floor-standing, rear bookshelves sans subwoofer, are frequently recommended as an excellent set of speakers without being too expensive (best performance to price ratio). Those can be had for about $400-450; a good "entry-level" sub is around $200; an entry-level receiver is at least $300, though I personally would go for a mid-range receiver to ensure that there is enough head room, which is probably at least $600.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I still have my Energy C2-series main L/R speakers from 1998, added on from there eventually getting matching surrounds and a center, a good sub, then height channels. A good surround system pieced together right can sound phenomenal. The soundbars nowadays are much nicer than what was out just 5yrs ago, wireless technology with Bluetooth. When I sold a/v equipment I would atleast try and get a large flat-screen customer to get a soundbar as well, if not they would be back within a week saying the tv sounds like crap.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
LG SH4 300 W is what I'm checking now.

Reviews seem good.

Thoughts?
My bad breh,watching the Ravens game and didn't see your quote

I dont know anything about that one

Try going to forums like avs and checking the subforum for soundbars or googling "best soundars under $___"

You should get some good reviews and recommendations

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@STAN JONES is not that far off actually. The Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers, the front floor-standing, rear bookshelves sans subwoofer, are frequently recommended as an excellent set of speakers without being too expensive (best performance to price ratio). Those can be had for about $400-450; a good "entry-level" sub is around $200; an entry-level receiver is at least $300, though I personally would go for a mid-range receiver to ensure that there is enough head room, which is probably at least $600.
those are the speakers i have now

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I just use a 2.1 computer speaker setup on my TV. I haven't heard a soundbar that is much better than that and its usually a bigger bang for the buck option.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
My bad breh,watching the Ravens game and didn't see your quote

I dont know anything about that one

Try going to forums like avs and checking the subforum for soundbars or googling "best soundars under $___"

You should get some good reviews and recommendations
I copped and it sounds much better

Voices are richer and shyt.

I am watching a young man funk flex interview and I can actually tell she's on the mic if that makes sense.

Music sounds 10 times better and our phones can connect :noah:

I just need to connect my TV remote to it and I am gucci