Are sound bars a real necessity?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
is there that much of a difference for your neighbors if the soundbar has a sub too?

I have a surround sound system in my finished basement on the old tv
upstairs i have a ks8000 but when i asked around about getting a surround sound system for upstairs people said that approach was :flabbynsick:
i think ppl get soundbars because they are minimalist and look better with hung flatscreens
i still didn't buy a system cause i'm researching what my options are
wish there was a surround sound system that was wireless and looked nice

Ive never had a sound bar. But they got to be better than tv speakers. :scust:

Ive been rocking with just 2 realy good tower speakers and an amp for the longest and its great. I couldnt ever fukk with just tv speakers

like others have said: they are better than tv speakers...also, a good option if you cant turn up the surround sound system....

It's better than nothing. Some broke users on here will gas them up as just as good as a receiver with home theater speakers to justify their larryness.
Overall they're decent if you have a modest budget. Otherwise save your money and get a real sound system.

Better for some people. I can't really crank up my 5.1 system in an apartment so I use a soundbar setup.

it was a necessity for me.

my tv's audio without this soundbar was terrible.

Only get a sound bar if you can't do surround speakers

A lot of TVs cut corners with the built-in speakers and they sound like shyt. I remember one of the assassins creed games had some random background sound that would come through as this weird warped staticky sound like the speaker couldn't even compute whatever the fukk tone it was.

Sound bars are one of those things that you feel like you don't need it until you actually have one and use it for a while. Then when you go back to the standard TV speakers you're just like :scusthov:

Obviously some full-blown surround sound system is the best setup but soundbars are great for apartments n things like that

better than most TV speakers, but not as good a real surround sound setup

No, but if you're using TV speakers, they can be a noticeable upgrade. Take it from someone who has done it all (TV speakers, old AM/FM stereos hooked up via AUX, soundbars, and discrete 5.1/7.1 setups), nothing beats a custom 5.1, 7.1, etc. setup. If you don't want to get everything in one sweep, do it in increments and even that will always be better than TV speakers/soundbars.

I get good ass money but I'm frugal vandross so imma cop one from best buy and test it for a week and return that shyt if it's trash :noah:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Do both. Bedroom I got the soundbar wife not really into all that loud audio. Mancave and the living room I have home theaters :manny:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
The speakers on my tv were flabby so I got a 5.1 soundbatwith a woofer and two speakers. I'm pleased with it but I'd take recommendations on full sound systems.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Unless you have a theatre in your home what is the use of a surround sound system? Sound bars pump at incredible sound, a must due to the usual crappy quality of television speakers

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All depends in the kind of sound bar you get. There are some good ones with plenty of thump. I got a Sony joint and am very happy with it.

If I lived in a house though I'd rock a legit surround sound system. I got a nice Harman kardon receiver and some Bose speakers sitting in the closet. Too much thump for a condo.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Unless you have a theatre in your home what is the use of a surround sound system? Sound bars pump at incredible sound, a must due to the usual crappy quality of television speakers
It's something you have to experience. The dynamics and sound stage delivered by a discrete setup can never be replicated by a soundbar. If you think a sound bar delivers incredible sound, you'd definitely be blown away by a proper 5.1 setup.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
It's something you have to experience. The dynamics and sound stage delivered by a discrete setup can never be replicated by a soundbar. If you think a sound bar delivers incredible sound, you'd definitely be blown away by a proper 5.1/7.1/7.1.4 setup.

Fixed, the truth....all day.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I bought one last year and cant even find the shyt :francis:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
My soundbar & wireless subwoofer set up is :ohlawd: was initially reluctant to bite the bullet but the difference to me is like watching SD & HD. Woofer behind me gives me that surround sound feel :banderas:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What's a good starter brand or type? 150 or less?

Put me on brehs
for $150 you're probably gonna get a shytty soundbar

Its not cheap upgrading your sound

Personally I would go the av receiver and 5.1 setup for somebody new to the game unless you live in an apartment

A couple soundbar options under $200

Yamaha YAS-106
Sony HT-TC180
Vizio SB3851-CO

I have the vizio and sony,use them for my kids room and they're ok but I wouldn't use them.Heard the Yamaha is decent

I recommend going the av receiver route though.You don't have to get everything all at once just get a receiver first.Start off with some cheap speakers and then later on get a nice speaker set or you can cop them individually at your own pace

For beginners I recommend a Denon receiver(around $300) and the monoprice 5.1 speaker set(around $200)

Thats a good starting point for beginners

A decent sound system gonna run you atleast $1000

Im about to upgrade to a atmos setup(7.2/5.1.2) and the receiver and speakers are gonna run me about $1300 altogether.....and thats a budget atmos setup :heh:

Its worth the money in the long run though because these things last forever

I still have an old 2.0 stereo av receiver in my closet I've has for over 20 years

Last edited: