Are sound bars a real necessity?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I don't have one but I'm with my friend seeking one and I don't see the point :manny:

But if they will change my life then please enlighten me :patrice:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it was a necessity for me.

my tv's audio without this soundbar was terrible.

A lot of TVs cut corners with the built-in speakers and they sound like shyt. I remember one of the assassins creed games had some random background sound that would come through as this weird warped staticky sound like the speaker couldn't even compute whatever the fukk tone it was.

Sound bars are one of those things that you feel like you don't need it until you actually have one and use it for a while. Then when you go back to the standard TV speakers you're just like :scusthov:

Obviously some full-blown surround sound system is the best setup but soundbars are great for apartments n things like that

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
But if they will change my life then please enlighten me :patrice:
No, but if you're using TV speakers, they can be a noticeable upgrade. Take it from someone who has done it all (TV speakers, old AM/FM stereos hooked up via AUX, soundbars, and discrete 5.1/7.1 setups), nothing beats a custom 5.1, 7.1, etc. setup. If you don't want to get everything in one sweep, do it in increments and even that will always be better than TV speakers/soundbars.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
It's better than nothing. Some broke users on here will gas them up as just as good as a receiver with home theater speakers to justify their larryness.
Overall they're decent if you have a modest budget. Otherwise save your money and get a real sound system.
I would have agreed with this statement until last week

I heard the Dobly Atmos Samsung Soundbar...Incredible sound...

But its 1,000 bucks..

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's better than nothing. Some broke users on here will gas them up as just as good as a receiver with home theater speakers to justify their larryness.
Overall they're decent if you have a modest budget. Otherwise save your money and get a real sound system.
Nah it's got nothing to do with being broke. Both of my soundbars retailed for $1500 and are 7.1 systems. The HTST7 was Sony's best soundbar when I got it and when they came out with the HTST9 I got that for the 4K TV and moved the 7 to the 1080p set.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Better for some people. I can't really crank up my 5.1 system in an apartment so I use a soundbar setup.
is there that much of a difference for your neighbors if the soundbar has a sub too?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I have a surround sound system in my finished basement on the old tv
upstairs i have a ks8000 but when i asked around about getting a surround sound system for upstairs people said that approach was :flabbynsick:
i think ppl get soundbars because they are minimalist and look better with hung flatscreens
i still didn't buy a system cause i'm researching what my options are
wish there was a surround sound system that was wireless and looked nice

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Ive never had a sound bar. But they got to be better than tv speakers. :scust:

Ive been rocking with just 2 realy good tower speakers and an amp for the longest and its great. I couldnt ever fukk with just tv speakers

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like others have said: they are better than tv speakers...also, a good option if you cant turn up the surround sound system....