Are people becoming numb to streaming price increases?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get Netflix and Apple TV+ included with my T-mobile plan so I don't get price increases. I have Max included with my at&t internet service so no price increase there. The only thing I pay for out of pocket is the Hulu, Disney + ESPN+ bundle. That's currently $25 for all 3 services after the recent price increase but that's services my wife and I use most so I don't see us canceling any time soon.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I cut cable almost a decade ago and haven't looked back. Currently I just have 2 streaming services:
  • Netflix (got it whenever the Daredevil show first came out)
  • Amazon, by default... since i've been a prime member since like 2010, for the shipping
But I've contemplated canceling Netflix. The only thing that matters to me as a consumer is live sports aka NBA. I'll pay for 6-months of League Pass + 2-months of Hulu (playoff coverage on TNT/ABC), because those 8-months of nightly reliable streams is worth the $120-130ish price tag for me.

Whereas even if it were still at 9.99, there's nothing i watch nightly on Netflix or would watch on any streaming service. It's the same issue I had with cable. Live sports i want a strong stream and clear HD. Tv shows... ehh i'm ok with 720p from 123movies or simply not watching at all.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Netflix will have something i will watch from time to time, but not really, i gotta have it, the stuff that’s good, will have one season, the shyt that’s whack will have 50-11 ones, at some point I’ll probably cancel, probably after stranger things, or before then come back then cancel again

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Like the only reason i got YouTube tv is for football once that’s gone, back on the shelf it goes, may cop for nba playoffs maybe but that’s it, just reliable sports that’s all

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
How much is YouTube TV monthly?

$72.99 per month

What Is the Base Price for YouTube TV? YouTube TV costs $72.99 per month for its basic plan, which includes more than 100 channels. You will get such channels as ESPN, TNT, AMC, CNN, and Comedy Central, as well as the local affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox.Oct 11, 2023

For that much I'd expect XXX and some PPV low-tier fights
That's way too much...that's crazy.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I cancelled Netflix, but turned it back on because T Mobile pays for it through my cell service. The only thing I pay for is Paramount Plus and Xbox Game Pass. They're the only two prices worth it anymore.

If I am dying to watch a show on any of the others I'll pay for a single month, binge a show or two, then cancel. They're not getting permanent money anymore from me.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I've suspended my Netflix account and will probably put it back in November, just checked the "essential" package is still at 11 euros in France, same as last year :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I only pay for netflix and sometimes prime (which is most of times for the delivery perks). Raise the jolly roger and use plex for everything else since I cba to deal with their trash UI.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Do y’all expect inflation to happen everywhere else but not the streaming services?

:dahell:

This shyt still better than cable imo. Cable is only good for sports