Are people becoming numb to streaming price increases?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is becoming an annual thing now and i don’t even see people complaining about it anymore. Are we just accepting defeat?

Biggest increase in subscriptions after cutting off password sharing and now higher prices.

It went from 20 dollars last year (2022) to 23 this year, whats the limit going to be for people, 26, 30?

A standard plan (Full HD content) has risen to $15.49 per month in the US, £10.99 in the UK, and €14.99 in Europe. The premium plan (Ultra HD content) is now $19.99 / £15.99 / €20.99 per month respectively.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I cancelled Netflix last year and never looked back. Not really because of the price increase, I just didn't think it had much I wanted to watch anymore.

But let's take Netflix out of this for a second. I can understand anyone saying a streaming service isn't worth $23/month. It's really not. The content is too limited on most of them. Which means you have to get multiple services.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I cancelled Netflix last year and never looked back. Not really because of the price increase, I just didn't think it had much I wanted to watch anymore.

But let's take Netflix out of this for a second. I can understand anyone saying a streaming service isn't worth $23/month. It's really not. The content is too limited on most of them. Which means you have to get multiple services.

Yeah, thats why i dont exactly agree with the sentiment of it being cheaper than cable cause i truly do not know one person that just has ONE streaming service and no cable.

Netflix alone is now 276 dollars a year

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I only have netflix for my grandparents, I would not have this shyt if it was just me smh these price hikes are outrageous

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah, thats why i dont exactly agree with the sentiment of it being cheaper than cable cause i truly do not know one person that just has ONE streaming service and no cable.

Netflix alone is now 276 dollars a year

I just don't think it makes sense to say it's cheaper than cable when I want to watch sports and none of these services provide all the sports I want to see besides YouTube TV which I can vouch for, I fukk with YouTube TV.

I know some guy is gonna run in here and tell us all about how you can stream sports for free but I need my sports to be reliable and in 4K or at the very least crisp 1080p no questions asked.

But yeah, if all you are paying for is Netflix, I don't see how you can make it work. There's not enough content on there for that to be your only service.