Are people actually excited for a new GTA?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm honestly not. I've owned every gta, and while they were always the fun game you could just hop in and do crazy shyt in for an hour or so i feel like rockstar is pretty stagnant with their ideas. RDR2 really wasn't that much different from the first one.

On top of the fact that , Rockstar pushing online so hard and micro transactions almost leads me to believe the next iteration will be online only. I'd like to see them branch out and start making other games again. I was hype for that Agent game that seems to be cancelled now. There was a point where GTA was the big open world graphical game that pushed boundaries now a lot of the industry has caught up so they barely have that going for them now.

I could go years without playing another GTA or RDR, too many things out like it now. I think cyberpunk 2077 is gonna steal a lot of their thunder.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tentatively, yes.

It depends on just how much they lean into GTA Online. I have absolutely no interest in it (unless the highly unlikely happens, and it drastically changed).

The single player/story/campaign is usually absolutely top notch, and ends up getting multiple playthroughs from me. That's hard to pass up, assuming it's still there.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Depends on what features they include, the single player story, graphics, the world itself... they always seem to do good but in hindsight everything seems lacking to me it's just always missing the little things... you know... :what:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Imma always be excited for GTA as long as they keep single player. They took a leap with Red Dead 2: that shyt was way more alive than LS.

You will be too soon as R* comes out the shadows :ufdup: don’t forget I said it either

Edit: I can’t see Cyberpunk filling that same void for me even if it’s a better game. That setting is just too different and I rarely use first person in the R* games to be able to compare that way.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Looks at sales

Yeah, I think majority of people are excited for the next iteration. As much as I dislike their current direction, Rockstar hit the jackpot with GTA Online. shyt will sale regardless and they'll get their money in the end.

But You’re Still Gonna Cop
giphy.gif