Are nurses the most miserable people on earth?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Depends im a RN (bring on the jokes:yeshrug:) Love my shyt though but ive always been in the OR assisting Surgeon and all that jazz is what i live for. I could do this shyt for free but i aint saying that to anyone :damn:

Though now im in a indirect patient posistion Transplant Coordinator.

Im the fukking reaper and life bringer at same time :whew:

Most nurses doing other shyt miserable though. Operating Room crew we stay chill.

so how do you decide who gets what & who doesn't :ld:

It kinda pisses me off that so many black girls are studying to be nurses. It's great that you're in school pursuing an education but.....can't you aspire to be something else? Soon the field will become over saturated which will result in lowered wages. If a girl were smart she'd learn a 2nd language and look for a job in South America, Africa, or Asia.

I don't think so. As was previously stated only about 50% can do the job & maintain in the field...plus the Baby Boomers will be retiring in about 5+ years and then it will be another major drought for RN's. Baby Boomers are the only reason I'm not making 100K (working less than 80hrs per wk)

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
nikka, you need to get at some nurses. They get loose when they not working.

I luuuuuuuuuuuuv looking at a big booty nurse in some SCRUBS!!!

:ohlawd:

they work hard!!!!...long hrs...and when they do get some free time...

THEY FREAK THEY A$$ES OFF!!!... :drool:
As someone who is currently dating an RN and 2 of my 3 exes were also nurses, I can attest to this. :ohlawd:
It kinda pisses me off that so many black girls are studying to be nurses. It's great that you're in school pursuing an education but.....can't you aspire to be something else? Soon the field will become over saturated which will result in lowered wages. If a girl were smart she'd learn a 2nd language and look for a job in South America, Africa, or Asia.
Yeah there's a shyt load of them aspiring to be rn's but 90% of them won't make it to clinicals and at least 50% that do won't make it past clinicals.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
It kinda pisses me off that so many black girls are studying to be nurses. It's great that you're in school pursuing an education but.....can't you aspire to be something else?

yeah the field of nursing is saturated....

but i'd rather them do that then COSMETOLOGY (get yo hair did)

I've dated mad "hairdressing students" ...and most of them never even got their own shop or able to work at one

they just became a bunch of heffas working the Hot Comb's at their house

:snoop:

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
I've worked in the medical field for over 6 years. Most of the RNs, LPNs, and CNAs I know hate thier jobs but love the pay. Most of the NPs and NAs love thier jobs AND the money. The more education you have the more likely you will end up with a cushy job. Easy math. RNs with degrees get cushier jobs than RNs with certificates. Etc.

No amount of money is worth me dealing with patients. I hate them all. I enjoyed phlebotomy because I liked to stick people.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
so how do you decide who gets what & who doesn't :ld:

I don't think so. As was previously stated only about 50% can do the job & maintain in the field...plus the Baby Boomers will be retiring in about 5+ years and then it will be another major drought for RN's. Baby Boomers are the only reason I'm not making 100K (working less than 80hrs per wk)

I got database i work off of whos in line next and if they are here. Im in a Hospital with a huge celeb base and ive had to drop mad $ on them for implants while ya'll getting the cheap stuff. :damn:

Having a celeb coming in next week for a 81k special skull flap while the rest of you niqqas get the 1.5k one :pacspit:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
they have to deal with doctors that treat them like shyt,
Not all doctors treat nurses poorly.

patients that die everyday,
Not all patients die everyday. Depends on what part of the hospital you work in. ER, ICU and NICU, you'll have patients who have a higher possibility of dying.

patients that also treat them like shyt,
Not all patients treat nurses poorly. Some patients are babies and others are in a coma.

work horrible hours,
They have set hours that don't change. The ones that work midnights get paid more than the one who work during the day.

get paid shytty for the work they do,
The pay is a lot better than you think. Not all nurses work in a hospital environment.

see their counterparts do less work, and get paid more (pharmacists, dentists, etc)
As for counterparts, dentists and physicians assistants go through more schooling than nurses. So, that doesn't surprise me that they get paid more. Pharmacists aren't necessarily living high on the hog.
LPNs go through less schooling than RNs so they get paid less.

is it safe to say nurses lost?
Depends.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
i dont know ANYONE that's in some section of the medical field with at least a bachelors NOT making at least 50k.

the friend that I talked about thats a respiratory therapist....

graduated 2 years ago, she's already making $30/hr, guaranteed 40 hours a week. she also gets shift differentials, and as much OT as she wants.

she tends to do 2 12/hr days and a 16 or 2 16s and a 12... the rest of the week she's off or free to work wherever else she wants...she's going back to school to become a physicians assistant. and at the hospital she's at, she can work whatever days, and/or any choice of 8, 12, or 16 hr shift that she chooses.

so making 60k a year 2 yrs out of school in new orleans= balling.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I'd say they're happy, my cousin is a nurse and while she does complain about people who come in there with bad hygiene habits or people who try to treat her like she's nothing she says there isn't anything better to her than knowing she's assisting someone who needs it. She also has plenty of stories about people she did wrong that treated her wrong.

I love how you left us a couple example stories, breaigh.

Loop Aye