Are nurses the most miserable people on earth?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The two places I purposely aim to frequent the least in society are hospitals and prisons

I used to live with a nurse girlfriend, the plus side is that they're out working odd hours so you can pump other females or at least have some peace in your habitat whilst they're out saving lives :krs:

The minus is that they spend their day surrounded by sickness and death which cannot be a good thing for the human psyche. Their 'how was your day?' stories are the worst.

I've heard more than a few of them let patients do a pump to them to :scusthov:

Add in that you are also likely to be sick....my exwife was a nurse its part of the job and I was the collateral damage.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Don't speak out your ass about a profession you don't know about. I am a doctor trained in internal medicine, and while there are some of us who fit the mold of seeming not to care, the majority of us truly care about the well being of our patients and rely heavily on nurses to take care of people...And you think nurses are miserable? they have 3-4 patients to take care while a doctor may be taking care of 15-20+...the stress doesn't compare, so next time you see a doctor that may seem frustrated, keep in mind that they may be dealing with you/your family/your nurse x 20. It's certainly not that we don't care. And not that I'm miserable, but being a doctor for the most part is a ton more stressful than being a nurse. My mom is a nurse and an NP, so I appreciate nurses. Don't get it twisted based off one or two experiences you may have had.

Respect :salute:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
50% of nurses leave the profession within 5 years. Knew someone that was a nurse and she loved it when she first started. Within 3 years she was miserable and wanted to leave it for good.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It kinda pisses me off that so many black girls are studying to be nurses. It's great that you're in school pursuing an education but.....can't you aspire to be something else? Soon the field will become over saturated which will result in lowered wages. If a girl were smart she'd learn a 2nd language and look for a job in South America, Africa, or Asia.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It kinda pisses me off that so many black girls are studying to be nurses. It's great that you're in school pursuing an education but.....can't you aspire to be something else? Soon the field will become over saturated which will result in lowered wages. If a girl were smart she'd learn a 2nd language and look for a job in South America, Africa, or Asia.

Are you insane. The Healthcare industry is one of the fast growing job producers. You do realize that america has to import doctors and nurses from other countries because there aren't enough here right. You really should talk about shyt you don't about.

Look for a job in south america, africa, asia :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol looks like I angered a dark beastie (as Tommy Sotomayor calls them) who thinks the world begins and ends in America

good luck in your shytty economy that has yet (and probably will never) fully recover from the 2008 recession

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Teachers are pretty fukking miserable also.

This...I have friends and family who teach at the private level and public level, whether highschool/college/HBCU. The level of frustration can be aggravating and especially stems from dealing with students who don't give a damn about advancing themselves.

Clark Kent

New Year, New Me
Daps
Reppin
Metropolis
they have to deal with villains that treat them like shyt, civilians that die everyday, civilians that also treat them like shyt, work horrible hours, get paid shytty for the work they do, see their counterparts do less work, and get paid more (DC superheroes, etc)

is it safe to say Marvel superheroes lost? :yeshrug:

Did I read that right? :whoo: