Are nurses the most miserable people on earth?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Depends im a RN (bring on the jokes:yeshrug:) Love my shyt though but ive always been in the OR assisting Surgeon and all that jazz is what i live for. I could do this shyt for free but i aint saying that to anyone :damn:

Though now im in a indirect patient posistion Transplant Coordinator.

Im the fukking reaper and life bringer at same time :whew:

Most nurses doing other shyt miserable though. Operating Room crew we stay chill.

Any tips for someone going into their 3rd semester?

I feel bad I haven't been in my books more over the summer going into the hardest semester.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You're mixing nurses up with cna's. If you became a nurse 10+ years ago you're eating good job security someone to boss around. Good money

$lim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis, IN
I've been visiting a friend who has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks so I've been seeing nothing but nurses lately. They don't seem miserable at all. They've all been very helpful except for one who was always late bringing meds and never responding to the call button. But she isn't miserable either she's a young hot blonde. bytch is fine as hell she's just not good at her job.

I think it varies on where the nurse is. ICU and psych ward nurses are probably more prone to be miserable but where I visit PCU they're all cool. Its some fine young blonde and brunette nurses where I'm at.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
they have to deal with doctors that treat them like shyt, patients that die everyday, patients that also treat them like shyt, work horrible hours, get paid shytty for the work they do, see their counterparts do less work, and get paid more (pharmacists, dentists, etc)

is it safe to say nurses lost? :yeshrug:

Nurses are the saviors of the health industry. Doctors are the ones that could care less. Nurses are like stern mothers. They just want you to do right by your body. Thats how my experiences with nurses have been.

:salute: to nurses

I'm saying they don't care. Not all of them, obviously, but in my experiences the nurses have been more caring. When I was having knee problems, I went to get an MRI and the doc made me feel like I was making it up, couple weeks later I tear my damn MCL. Nonetheless, the nurse came in telling me all these exercises to try to reduce the pain, and foods that could help with the inflamation. MCL still tore, but she tried, and genuinely cared.

Don't speak out your ass about a profession you don't know about. I am a doctor trained in internal medicine, and while there are some of us who fit the mold of seeming not to care, the majority of us truly care about the well being of our patients and rely heavily on nurses to take care of people...And you think nurses are miserable? they have 3-4 patients to take care while a doctor may be taking care of 15-20+...the stress doesn't compare, so next time you see a doctor that may seem frustrated, keep in mind that they may be dealing with you/your family/your nurse x 20. It's certainly not that we don't care. And not that I'm miserable, but being a doctor for the most part is a ton more stressful than being a nurse. My mom is a nurse and an NP, so I appreciate nurses. Don't get it twisted based off one or two experiences you may have had.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Don't speak out your ass about a profession you don't know about. I am a doctor trained in internal medicine, and while there are some of us who fit the mold of seeming not to care, the majority of us truly care about the well being of our patients and rely heavily on nurses to take care of people...And you think nurses are miserable? they have 3-4 patients to take care while a doctor may be taking care of 15-20+...the stress doesn't compare, so next time you see a doctor that may seem frustrated, keep in mind that they may be dealing with you/your family/your nurse x 20. It's certainly not that we don't care. And not that I'm miserable, but being a doctor for the most part is a ton more stressful than being a nurse. My mom is a nurse and an NP, so I appreciate nurses. Don't get it twisted based off one or two experiences you may have had.

I never said nurses were miserable, and I didn't say all doctors were shytty. All that fancy schoolin didn't teach you to read? I'm talking specifically about my experiences. How else do you want me to frame it? Thats what I went through, nurse had my back, the doc didn't. Yea, it might be stressfull, but as a patient, I deal with 1 doctor, and if he treats me like shyt, don't expect me to be understanding because he's "too stressed," to address my concerns.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I've been visiting a friend who has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks so I've been seeing nothing but nurses lately. They don't seem miserable at all. They've all been very helpful except for one who was always late bringing meds and never responding to the call button. But she isn't miserable either she's a young hot blonde. bytch is fine as hell she's just not good at her job.

I think it varies on where the nurse is. ICU and psych ward nurses are probably more prone to be miserable but where I visit PCU they're all cool. Its some fine young blonde and brunette nurses where I'm at.

This. Psychiatric Nurses are some of the most miserable people I've ever met.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I never said nurses were miserable, and I didn't say all doctors were shytty. All that fancy schoolin didn't teach you to read? I'm talking specifically about my experiences. How else do you want me to frame it? Thats what I went through, nurse had my back, the doc didn't. Yea, it might be stressfull, but as a patient, I deal with 1 doctor, and if he treats me like shyt, don't expect me to be understanding because he's "too stressed," to address my concerns.

you said, and I quote, "Doctors are the ones who could care less"...you grouped us all into the same box. Next time say that one doctor you dealt with was inattentive and didn't properly address your concers.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Got a friend that's a Registered Respiratory Therapist and she's eating very very VERY well, and she's not miserable. I know a couple of nurses and a doctor that I can say the same for.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I luuuuuuuuuuuuv looking at a big booty nurse in some SCRUBS!!!

:ohlawd:

they work hard!!!!...long hrs...and when they do get some free time...

THEY FREAK THEY A$$ES OFF!!!... :drool: