Are nurses the most miserable people on earth?

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have to deal with doctors that treat them like shyt, patients that die everyday, patients that also treat them like shyt, work horrible hours, get paid shytty for the work they do, see their counterparts do less work, and get paid more (pharmacists, dentists, etc)

is it safe to say nurses lost? :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Odd. When I was hospitalized years ago all of the nurses were really nice to me.

I don't want to turn this into a race thread but it did seemed like all of the black nurses were the only ones who were angry all the time.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Nurses are always getting d*cked down, I doubt it. The most miserable people on earth are those who have to look over their shoulder/can't close their eyes at night, and those aren't nurses.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Nurses are the saviors of the health industry. Doctors are the ones that could care less. Nurses are like stern mothers. They just want you to do right by your body. Thats how my experiences with nurses have been.

:salute: to nurses

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
I'd say they're happy, my cousin is a nurse and while she does complain about people who come in there with bad hygiene habits or people who try to treat her like she's nothing she says there isn't anything better to her than knowing she's assisting someone who needs it. She also has plenty of stories about people she did wrong that treated her wrong.

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
Nurses are the saviors of the health industry. Doctors are the ones that could care less. Nurses are like stern mothers. They just want you to do right by your body. Thats how my experiences with nurses have been.

:salute: to nurses

So, you're saying doctors care the most? Or do they just care a lot?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
So, you're saying doctors care the most? Or do they just care a lot?

I'm saying they don't care. Not all of them, obviously, but in my experiences the nurses have been more caring. When I was having knee problems, I went to get an MRI and the doc made me feel like I was making it up, couple weeks later I tear my damn MCL. Nonetheless, the nurse came in telling me all these exercises to try to reduce the pain, and foods that could help with the inflamation. MCL still tore, but she tried, and genuinely cared.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it depends. i've met mostly very nice helpful nurses in my life. even dated a nurse who was a real nice girl but she moved to london.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
Depends im a RN (bring on the jokes:yeshrug:) Love my shyt though but ive always been in the OR assisting Surgeon and all that jazz is what i live for. I could do this shyt for free but i aint saying that to anyone :damn:

Though now im in a indirect patient posistion Transplant Coordinator.

Im the fukking reaper and life bringer at same time :whew:

Most nurses doing other shyt miserable though. Operating Room crew we stay chill.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
Na. Before the 80s or so I may have agreed(speaking on what ive learned, wasnt alive then). Nursing is one of the places that feminism doesnt seem to have backfired. Their unique perspective and relationship between the patient and doctor is actually appreciated and used to further medicine.

With an aging population they will only become more important. Shout out to all the women (and men) who got their RN instead of a liberal arts degree.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have to deal with doctors that treat them like shyt, patients that die everyday, patients that also treat them like shyt, work horrible hours, get paid shytty for the work they do, see their counterparts do less work, and get paid more (pharmacists, dentists, etc)

is it safe to say nurses lost? :yeshrug:

Nurses get paid over $40 an hour and wayyy more depending on their level and think about the overtime. On top of that, it's not the nurses who are taking care of the patients like that. It's the patient care techs and they don't get paid that much. The nurses have people under them that do all the dirty work.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The two places I purposely aim to frequent the least in society are hospitals and prisons

I used to live with a nurse girlfriend, the plus side is that they're out working odd hours so you can pump other females or at least have some peace in your habitat whilst they're out saving lives :krs:

The minus is that they spend their day surrounded by sickness and death which cannot be a good thing for the human psyche. Their 'how was your day?' stories are the worst.

I've heard more than a few of them let patients do a pump to them to :scusthov: