Are movie goers too picky when it comes to content now?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Not necessarily picky but the turn around time has gotten so low that its like, why sit around and deal with previews and parking and whatever else fukkery awaits when you can just add it on Hulu in 2-3 months? Like you said, Movies arent really destination events anymore.

& Alot of movies overstay their welcome and aren't justifying their runtime given the prep time. I can turn on my AppleTV and be watching a blockbuster in 30seconds in 4K HDR.. & I'm supposed to take a risk on Black Adam and whatever nasty ass family sitting next to me? Cmon breh.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Ain’t nobody trying to sit through 10 hr movies in a theater
With recycled tropes and shyt dialogue :pachaha:
If I’m going to do that
I minus whale stay at the crib where I’m comfortable:pachaha:
Most movies now aren’t even original in thought
Or so overly complex on smart dumb nikka shyt
That it’s more frustrating than arthouse:dead:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, but the big studios kinda shot themselves in the foot by going all in on streaming .

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
hope the theater industry evolves to cater to cinephiles…

directors/studios that still care about the art of cinema should have spots where their work can still be experienced in the the way they intended…

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps

directors/studios that still care about the art of cinema should have spots where their work can still be experienced in the the way they intended…
what's the last film you saw that you thought displayed a true love of the craft? For me it was Barbarian. Before that Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. Before that I really couldn't tell you.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

I'd say Top Gun did that...cruise was adament we see this shyt in theaters...and he wasn't wrong

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Stop calling film "content"....that sums up so many of the problems of contemporary cinema.

And no I don't think they're too picky considering the only stuff that succeeds in the cinema now is assembly line lowest common dominator shyt from Disney, DC etc. If anything people have lowered their standards and become infantalized. Studios have doubled down on franchise shyt, which has squeezed out the middle such as adult dramas and genres like comedies which have shifted more to television. Horror is really the only thing outside of the big IP/franchise cinema that can consistently make money theatrically.

It's a sorry state of affairs. Streaming has really lowered the bar in quality. Netflix is just an assembly line of total medicority that disappears into the streaming ether hours after it's released, never to be thought of again. But people accept it because of the convenience and they still view it as good value (despite the fact that the shyt seems to go up by a couple of bucks every other week and you have to subscribe to 10 other services to get all the good shyt). I think it's turned audiences into brain dead zombies who eat up "content" that they spend half the time on their phone while watching. Doesn't really matter if it's good or not.

Born Rich

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
what's the last film you saw that you thought displayed a true love of the craft? For me it was Barbarian. Before that Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. Before that I really couldn't tell you.

I’d say Barbarian too…saw it at the crib and my sis and I were talkin about how dope the cinematography was…we were wonderin if the director was a gamer…some of the camerawork and framing looked like video game cutscenes and first and third persons shooters…

Everything Everywhere was great too…saw it a couple times…

even tho a lot of people seemed to not fukk with it, I loved Nope…

Born Rich

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
I'd say Top Gun did that...cruise was adament we see this shyt in theaters...and he wasn't wrong

kinda mad I didn’t see this in theaters…never saw the first one but I heard good things about the cinematography in this one…

wondering if Cruise’s push to see it in theaters was for the art or for his paycheck tho :patrice: