Are movie goers too picky when it comes to content now?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It just seems like people are more fickle. Expectations aren’t the same. If it’s not a classic critics will bush it. And everyone has become a critic on YouTube. Whole genres are on life support. Going to the movies isn’t an event anymore. Netflix and chill, has been taken over by a bunch of other platforms. People be on social media more than they watch tv now.

The game is weird

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Top Gunna and my packed ass Avatar screening last night disagrees with your fifth sentence.
full

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
on the one hand, i hate that the only movies that get people to theaters are blockbusters & big family/kids movies. i loved seeing shyt like love & basketball, best man, the wood, scream, set it off, devil wears prada, wedding crashers, 40 y/o virgin, the hangover, etc in the movie theater setting - nothing like a collective big laugh or scare and the fukkery of commentary during a black movie that takes place in a theater...but that content doesn't demand a $12-22 ticket + $30 snack anymore so we're stuck with repetitive, predictable popcorn flicks that everyone feels the need to try to bring some new critique to and it just ends up being a giant bytchfest

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Things done changed. "Remember when they use to thump, now they blast right"

-the pandemic has changed everything though. Not just people not wanting to be around other people or waiting for it to hit streaming. Hitting the theater just simply isn't important anymore in the grand scheme of things. 2020 was the ultimate drama and horror story. We're not moved anymore off scripted sh*t

Danny Ocean

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's going to worst a lot kids don't have the patient to set and watch a 1hr and 30min movie but they would spend their whole day watching YouTube clips.
This. I am in this boat but I’ve been putting my phone down and finding back against my shytty attention span. I hate that YouTube and social media has me this way. But I’m fighting for my life :damn: