Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Bro right tho...

I used to pay $15-20 to get a cut about 7-10 years ago...now I'm paying double that

I honestly don't like it, but can't complain bc that barber got me in his hands (:dame:) and could have me wearing hats for 2 weeks.

It's crazy the prices, like bro was saying just to basically clean up your line and take a lil off the top or whatever....and you gotta/supposed to do this every two weeks? :dahell:?

I invested in some clippers and take care of my ish in between barber visits...cut excess hair on face/neck and trim a bit til I can see my guy to give me a full cut and taper. It's wild man...and my barber talkin like lil homie from twitter talmbout "man, my prices bout to go up soon, I feel like I'm shortchanging myself" :snoop:

he do that, and I'm finding a new barber. Ish ridiculous. Nobody making me pay these prices, so it's on me...I can do $35-40, but it's only gon be once a month...not b/c I don't have it, it's for the principle of it

Crude

Superstar
Daps
It's to expensive then again so are smartphones, sneakers, and most clothes.

Nike charging you $200 plus for some shoes it might have cost them $10-$20 to make material and all.

Same for Apple with those iPhones you really think Apple manufactures them anywhere near $1,100, but no one is complaining about that either though.

That said a little line up and a fade isn't worth no more than $15-$20. Barbers charging $30 plus for that is highway robbery, but then again so is a lot of other things.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
dont know where yall stay at but $20 here with a 5 dollar tip
I pay $25 now, I remember back in 2010 ish I was only paying $10-$12 for a haircut plus shave, my facial hair doesn't really grow extremely thick.

That shyt has gone up like $10-$15 in under a decade.

I might go get me a pair of Wahl's and learn how to line and fade my own shyt.

I go to the barbershop like twice a week. Usually one day for a cut and 3-4 days later for an edge up and keep my line looking fresh.

I know a lot of cats only go like once every two or three weeks but I like my line and taper to stay looking fresh. That 2-3 weeks doesn't cut it for me.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
My barber raised his price for a cut to $40 not including tip.:mjcry:

I'm only going in once a month fukk all that.

I don't knock it though, I know he's got loyal clientele.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I pay 20 and I feel bad paying more. The guy I go to is killing other guys that charge more.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I invested in some clippers and take care of my ish in between barber visits...cut excess hair on face/neck and trim a bit til I can see my guy to give me a full cut and taper.
Every dude should have a set of clippers and trimmers to at least be able to do what you just mentioned. Many will eventually learn to give themselves a halfway decent haircut...but having the option to at least line yourself up/clean up the growth from last cut is a great one to have.

Now, the price of clippers has skyrocketed.
I got my last Andis Masters for 60 bucks. I replaced the blades and gave them away to a relative recently.

Now they are trying to charge $120.

(I regret giving away the extra sets that I purchased for backup)

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When i was a kid, and the ORIGINAL released Jordans came out, i couldn't afford them..

My parents damn sure wasn't going to buy them for me..

So i had to settle for less expensive shoes..

Can someone explain to me what year did this entitlement set in?