Are Evil Ryu and Violent Ken Racist?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
466a1wh.png
Only CACs don't care about other cultures.

You're either a naive millenial or an :mjpls:ignorant fukking pigger... probably both judging by your previous posts.

:pacspit: You know where the door is so stop posting in here then, fukkboy!

Undercover Cac negging me and calling me a cac, your thread is trash fakkit you cant even articulate a proper rebuttal you corny fukkboy

Last edited:

Reverie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RVA
You fukking shelted jiggaboo house nikka. I can see what you're trying to do so you must be a CAC.

Akuma's character is already depicted as evil, his "good/sane" version of himself has never been shown. He is brown because of the dark hadou consuming him. The Oni form is true evil personified of himself. The same way they drew Oni with a grey and blue pallette to depict him as evil they could of done that to Violent Ken and Evil Ryu.

Why would having brown skin be evil but grey is even more evil - where is the logic.

Yes, I know. It was a poorly done post, but whatever.

You clearly aren't letting this thread go either, judging by your previous posts on it.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Yes, I know. It was a poorly done post, but whatever.

You clearly aren't letting this thread go either, judging by your previous posts on it.
Well, it's not everyday you notice something inherently disrespectful about a product you use/d. Like I said previously, I'm not going to lose sleep on what someone else with a narrow mind thinks about my culture but in the same token I don't have to respect their product either.

I'll enjoy their games for what it is but Capcom can eat my BIG BLACK dikk. They can depict eating my BIG BLACK dikk with brown skin, an afro and a red hat, too.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dhalsim ain't black period, and I (as in me not other posters :ufdup:) didn't bring up dark skin, I brought up black characters. He's not a black character, and my posts were only about that.

The fact that Balrog is based on Tyson makes hium even more fukked up - it shows you what they think of Mike and black people in general. Mike doesn't have big Sambo lips, cross eyes or low intelligence yet they gave Balrog all those traits and more or less act like he's just Mike in the fictional SF verse (down to naming him Mike Bison).

Quit being a fakkit and acting like I'm "c00ning" (I know that's what you're implying) by finding these depictions grotesque. It's not me who drew Balrog with ridiculous blackface sausage lips and retard eyes. You're cape is showing :cape:.

373866-street-fighter-alpha-3-max-psp-screenshot-cody-vs-balrog-check.png

street_fighter_alpha_3_max_conceptart_BTSOb.jpg

AP080408044537-jpg_161655.jpg

Looks exactly like him :troll:. All nikkas have big bulging retard eyes and Sambo lips right Manny :mjpls:?
All depends on the artist. That picture is from Alpha 3. Look at his pictures from other street fighter games and you'll see more tone down pictures.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Was just playing as Evil Ken and as Mecha Sagat last night on M.U.G.E.N. and noticed this. Didn't and arguably probably wouldn't of thought nothing of it if I didn't check this thread out so props for that.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's like Dragon Ball Super where the "Evil Goku" is dubbed "Goku Black"/"Black Goku"

Ironic how in that "Goku Black"/"Black Goku" is the bad one when he's up against an Aryan power fantasy :sas2::pachaha::mjpls:@Blackout

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Dhalsim ain't black period, and I (as in me not other posters :ufdup:) didn't bring up dark skin, I brought up black characters. He's not a black character, and my posts were only about that.

The fact that Balrog is based on Tyson makes hium even more fukked up - it shows you what they think of Mike and black people in general. Mike doesn't have big Sambo lips, cross eyes or low intelligence yet they gave Balrog all those traits and more or less act like he's just Mike in the fictional SF verse (down to naming him Mike Bison).

Quit being a fakkit and acting like I'm "c00ning" (I know that's what you're implying) by finding these depictions grotesque. It's not me who drew Balrog with ridiculous blackface sausage lips and retard eyes. You're cape is showing :cape:.

373866-street-fighter-alpha-3-max-psp-screenshot-cody-vs-balrog-check.png

street_fighter_alpha_3_max_conceptart_BTSOb.jpg

AP080408044537-jpg_161655.jpg

Looks exactly like him :troll:. All nikkas have big bulging retard eyes and Sambo lips right Manny :mjpls:?

His eyes actually seem sunken in to me it would of been more accurate if you said that they made him look like a Neanderthal.

But your just race baiting so I'm going to let you cook

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's weird Japan has a thing about dark skin representing something different or powerful but their depictions of actual Black people are problematic.
Honestly, they just don't know better, and on top of that Japan is very closed off and xenophobic. They basically hate on anything that's not their own and their exposure to black people is extremely limited and stuck in the stone ages. To them it's just jokes, and they don't have enough black people around to tell them how problematic it is.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's like Dragon Ball Super where the "Evil Goku" is dubbed "Goku Black"/"Black Goku"

Ironic how in that "Goku Black"/"Black Goku" is the bad one when he's up against an Aryan power fantasy :sas2::pachaha::mjpls:@Blackout
In that case, Black is just a stylizied term to represent evil or specifically darkness, not something with racial context. It's even put in English to stylize it. It's be like us using a foreign term for dark too.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
That Violent Ken picture is for SNK vs Capcom, several photos were also used, but to answer the assumptions, you have to do some research. Red is a colored attributed to courage in most countries like Asia, and of course Japan, which is very traditional, and upholds many of the old world customs. Hence we have; the Red Ranger, Dante (DMC), and Ken from SF5.

The color red is seen heavily in Shinto religion wherein the gates of heaven are red. As is the color white, which is used to mark gravestones or "niwa". These markers were dedicated to "kami", spirits which had descended from the heavens or had come across the sea.

Knowing those facts, and that the Japanese people are extremely traditional, it makes sense that some of the most powerful characters in both anime, manga, and video games have white hair and red wardrobe. Violent Ken has nothing to do with black culture whatsoever. The tanned skin is just an easier and lazier way to denote that something has changed about the character. Plenty of characters who go or are evil have plenty of skin tones; Oni, Evil Ryu, Necalli, etc.

This is too far of a reach to be taken seriously...especially since Japan also makes villains with pale skin and white hair; Sesshoumaru, Gin (Bleach), Vicious, etc. As for the Afro, its one picture drawn up for SNK, there are plenty more iterations. Also keep in mind that the spikey afro is a common thing in Japanese plays and given to many characters of power (see Jiraiya).

Do your googles.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Outside of sf3, a great portion of the SF cast are based off of stereotypes for everyone

This is how they have portrayed americans
latest

Southeast Asians

latest

Indians
dhalsim-xmen-vs-sf-win.gif

etc.

it's how the game was designed. You go around the world to battle cartoonized charicatures of every country. It's basically a running joke at this point.

Also, Violent ken doesn't have an aphro
Evil Ryu doesn't have a hightop fade :mjlol:
Dark/Suntanned Sakura isn't evil at all. She is just calling on the power Akuma uses (and gets some of his moveset) so they make her look closer to akuma for visual distinction.