Are durags an uniquely ADOS thing?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
most people outside the US are not obsessed about hair styles, hair texture and all that other stuff. Black men in other parts of the world either wear their hair naturally, full 2pac baldie or just comb it, no waves or other extra shyt like bigen and sharp lineups. You will occasionally see someone with waves...and it will 95% likely be a Nigerian.

The women too..
They aren't afraid to go natural fro or buzz cut.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The pictures of Egyptians having waves always confused me:mjlol: . Most other Africans I grew up with didn't knew wtf waves and durags were until recently unless they visited the US or were into hip hop culture. No way Ramses was rocking them in 1270 BC:russ:

I swear every hair style is cyclic. No matter how new if feels, there gonna be some example of some nation in 500 B.C. that had that shyt on lock.

Like we just assume Hannibal wore a helmet but really that was all shyt his barber shaved straight into his buzz cut

800px-Mommsen_p265.jpg

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I swear every hair style is cyclic. No matter how new if feels, there gonna be some example of some nation in 500 B.C. that had that shyt on lock.

Like we just assume Hannibal wore a helmet but really that was all shyt his barber shaved straight into his buzz cut

800px-Mommsen_p265.jpg
But I don’t think Egyptians ever had waves. I seen literally no older pictures of any ethnicity in Africa with waves. I think it's just photoshop if anything.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I'm the only 1 who rocks a Du-Rag.

:salute:

Black and all white
I've been wearing du-rags for a minute with both an Afro and a fade. I never had a full 360 because I'm not dedicated like that, but with my hair type, I can just get a fade, go to sleep with a du-rag on for 2-3 nights and wake up with little waves on the top of my head. I'm about to buy some more du-rags, actually.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I've been wearing du-rags for a minute with both an Afro and a fade. I never had a full 360 because I'm not dedicated like that, but with my hair type, I can just get a fade, go to sleep with a du-rag on for 2-3 nights and wake up with little waves on the top of my head. I'm about to buy some more du-rags, actually.
I feel you. You need to get a stroke and stop playing

:yeshrug:.