Are companies phasing out sedans because people are too fat to fit in them?

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I bought my 06 Pilot for these reasons

If the roof of a car can barely reach my chest and I'm only 6'1 getting in and out that bytch is a pain in the ass.

I need the ability to travel with my tools,work clothes like boots and rain gear and other work gear like my harnesses my car jack, road cones, snow shovel and still have 100% rear view vision. All that is not fitting in the trunk of an Accord so I got the super sized version a 1st generation Pilot.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
This how you know y’all nikkas don’t be outside
I work in the auto repair business/insurance industry I deal with cars all the time. If you know something I don't know know save your down talk and provide a newi info. You creating theories with no basis. Manufacturers been off of sedans due to demand, suvs and pickup are big sellers. They not seeing profit from sedan sales like the other classes. It has nothing yo do with weight imo

Daps
I work in the auto repair business/insurance industry I deal with cars all the time. If you know something I don't know know save your down talk and provide a newi info. You creating theories with no basis. Manufacturers been off of sedans due to demand, suvs and pickup are big sellers. They not seeing profit from sedan sales like the other classes. It has nothing yo do with weight imo
Yes it does stupid. 70% of the population is overweight and/or obese. You think a fat ass family of four will by a sedan. How much do you weigh bruh?

Daps
My bad ain’t mean to call you stupid I didn’t know who this was you looked out for me in that bushes thread my bad bruh :wow:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
SUVs are popular because people think they're safer wrapped in something bigger. The logic doesn't really follow with modern safety standards, so now you're just adding more mass into a collision, therefore more kinetic energy, which is probably going to get more people hurt. Those safety standards, however, are making every vehicle larger anyway. Most people that THINK they need a truck or SUV could get along with a sedan just fine. MFs ain't hauling nothing on the regular or doing no towing.
I have LIL experience with the structural part of vehicle repairs. In my exp seeing how the impact transfers on the rails and sub frame if the vehicles. It is kinda of a suicide mission getting hit by a suv or a pickup truck while driving a sedan. Since everyone is driving more bigger vehicles, sedans are getting killed on the road.

Some pickup trucks are lifted so when they rear end a sedan, they Damm near hitting the upper qtr panel/sail and going through tue trunk into the back glass.

Pickup trucks with hitches, a sedan rear ending a hitch , especially a pickup truck is totaling their whole car and Damm near running into the engine compartment. By passing all the upper and lower rails and apron if they going fast enough.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
never said Ferraris those are special cases
an elite exclusive brand
notice how their SUV is not available to the masses
Porshe/Aston/Lambo
early 30's guy who finally hit $400,000 because of a job promotion but now he's got a wife and baby is definitely looking at these cars
they're not at the multiple car level yet
people want their daily driver to have prestige
If you make $400K you can afford multiple cars lol

Daps
i'm tall so i just don't like riding close to the ground, it makes me feel sick. i need to sit high in a truck.

that's why i don't get all that bragging about sports cars on here lately :pachaha:

Daps
People just liked being able to see above everyone else on the road. Now that SUV’s are so popular, it can suck driving a car where you can’t see past the car in front of you in traffic, because you’re so low.

SUV’s are also easier to get into for old and heavy people.

I also believe there’s more profit in selling an SUV than there is a car.
I think this is VERY important. Most people don't NEED big azz trucks/SUVs 90% of the time. The advertising tells them they need all the extra space. Minivan gives you extra room too but it's not cool like a slick SUV. Most trucks got a clean bed. People ain't hauling lumber. You can get an old beater truck for that.

People want to sit higher.

People like the ability to be more careless...driving a bigger car.