Are a lot of Black people scared to travel dolo??? LMAO

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
THERE ARE STILL PLACE IN AMERICA WHERE BEING BLACK AND ALONE IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Yeah, I think this. It's not so much that black folks will say something about it....It's that other people might think you shouldn't be some place and might start something if you're alone. Not saying that should stop you from traveling but (ex. Trayvon Martin).

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Even though you don't talk going to the movies is seen as a social event, so if you go alone, its like wow, you couldnt find one human on this planet who was willing to go with you? :beli:

:childplease: movies are fukking expensive. if i'm taking someone, more than likely, i'm paying. and that means we gotta eat first or sneak in snacks. however...

:truuuu:
when i go alone i look rich as fukk.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's not a race thing, smh at anyone who goes to the movies by themselves :snoop:

:rudy:

If I'm sitting at hoem and get a wild urge to go to the movies, I'm not about to let my joy/happines be dependent on if I can call someone and get them to drop whatever they're doing and go with me.

But if that's you, then do you

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Even though you don't talk going to the movies is seen as a social event, so if you go alone, its like wow, you couldnt find one human on this planet who was willing to go with you? :beli:

I go to the movies alone sometimes, I don't see why I need to bring someone along all the damn time just to watch something.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Amen. Tattooing has taken me out of town I can't wait to go overseas with it. :blessed:

Everyone has skin! I have friends all over the world!

I just want to be able to hold my own. I need to stop second guessing myself. These cajones won't allow it. :ohlawd:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I do everything alone. I may have a companion sometimes but I'm usually hitting the bar solo, club-dolo, lunch-dolo. Don't get me wrong it is boring sometimes, but I can't put life on hold because of what he said or she said.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not black people, it's people in general; why do you think individuality is looked down upon?

Anyway, I'm black and I prefer to be alone a lot of the time. I mean at times it can get lonely, but I like to see things for myself and I don't like holding me back from things that I want to do, plus if you're by yourself the only one that can bother you is yourself, when you're with someone else you might have to worry about them having an attitude if you want to do something and it's just not worth the hassle most of the time. The only attitude I want to deal with right now is my own.

Btw when I go to Germany, although I'll be going with some members of my class, once we finish the site seeing I'll definitely venture off by myself and do my own thing. If I go with a classmate then it's more than likely I won't get to meet the people there or practice my German because I'll be comfortable speaking English with a classmate.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Love in the club when my thugs is surrounding me:obama:"

I do it all the time now to get a minute away from my baby mama and daughter, but I fully acknowledge when I'm in ihop eatin by my damn self some people be lookin at me like :what:,lookin like a loser a runnaway or a fugitive or perfectly normal some days....u just gotta acknowledge that shyt,that's the way it is whether you black or white...I can tell u right now the way people look at you when you by yourself depends on just how creepy YOU look,don't put that on nobody else:whoa:...it depends on the vibe YOU givin off.

If u in the superman movie by yourself with the :why: people just might judge u as bein a loser or pathetic,if you ugly as hell eatin at a restaurant by yourself u just might here a female say "awwww look at him by himself,that's so sad" lol....if u in the club by yourself dougie'ing ya heart out havin fun nobody will say shyt,if u off in the corner or at the bar by yourself all night with the :shaq: u will look creepy and like a straight lame....give off a good energy and I don't think nobodys judging or lookin at u weird

And I will say women are quick to notice this shyt and usually are the ones to point it out on sum pity shyt....I don't know if its race more than gender,whenever my girl see a old person outside by theyself she on that "aaaaww her husband probaly died"...I be like :what:

PS-everything is more fun with a pack of nikkas,racist azz thread starter will probaly think I'm talkin about raping white women or sumthin....so be it:lolbron:.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bah. You're a grown man. If someone can get at you mentally where you are affected by how they see you, you're in trouble. I'm gong to certain places..NO fukkING MATTER who is there with me or not. It's not about anyone else. It's about ME..as it should be since it's my fukking money:laugh: That's some loverboy nonsense..all that trying to see the world with some special partner. All the while one little slip up and you'll end up turning on each other in record time. Silly.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've traveled alone however being black in a lot of countries may get you beat up and thrown awayv

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
It's not a race thing, smh at anyone who goes to the movies by themselves :snoop:

so you need validation from others to do things by yourself?

i do everything alone(including the movies and traveling internationally) except the club.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
TBH I have hardly ever seen non-whites go on those "discovery/backpack" trips alone, don't exactly know why tho...I do think that "loners" are seen as "weird" or whatever by non-whites in general, it's more accepted among whites I think...

My default move is to go to stuff alone, I go to the movies like three times a week sometimes and there's a lot of people going alone (all ethnicities, all ages, both sexes) :yeshrug: