Are a lot of Black people scared to travel dolo??? LMAO

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking about a business/work related trip. I'm specifically talking about leisure.

I noticed a lot of black americans look down on people that do things dolo. If you are not in a group or something, there is something wrong with you.

Some will label you a loner, recluse etc and even say it to your face. That's why a lot of people don't want to travel unless it's a group or family thing. Our people will rather go on a cruise than do stuff by themselves.

I mean you got some people here asking questions like "do you go to the movies by yourself?" LMAO.

Come on man, there is nothing wrong in doing things on your own people. People really need to get out of their comfort zone and explore. :thumbsup:

semtex

:)
Daps
:childplease: I got my right hand locked and loaded fam. My left on deck too. Who gon see me wit da hands?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tired of c@cs telling me how to live my life.....always trying to put us on game hahaha

mothafukka we are the game....we born into it shyt

anyway i go places solo

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
It's not a race thing, smh at anyone who goes to the movies by themselves :snoop:

why tho? do you talk in movies? you do, don't you?

i've never understood people going to see movie alone as a taboo.

depending on what kind of movie it is.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York

why tho? do you talk in movies? you do, don't you?

i've never understood people going to see movie alone as a taboo.

depending on what kind of movie it is.

Even though you don't talk going to the movies is seen as a social event, so if you go alone, its like wow, you couldnt find one human on this planet who was willing to go with you? :beli:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Even though you don't talk going to the movies is seen as a social event, so if you go alone, its like wow, you couldnt find one human on this planet who was willing to go with you? :beli:

:childplease:

So I'm supposed to launch a full advertising campaign just to to have someone to go to the movies with?

If I really want to see a movie, I'm not trying to wait on someone to accompany me. Either you're going to see it with me or not. I'm still going to catch the flick regardless.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing that's not as exciting alone is sex...

If you really want to understand any experience, you have to fully experience it alone...

Think about Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and etc they all got their "revelations" while they were alone...That's how you get to know yourself...

Once you understand a phenomenon, then you can go and share your opinion/revelation with others...

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Its not a race thing. There are countless threads like this on other forums where people of all races are scared about being looked at as a loner for doing certain things solo. As far as travelling solo, most black people cant afford to travel, its not that we dont want to.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
i don't know if the thread starter is black or white but to answer your question the black people who complain about some other black person doing things on there own are the kind of black people i try to avoid, because it shows me there life is about following the masses and try to fit in with the crowd..

I do majority of my sh!t on my own. I go down to brazil by myself, i drive to vegas by myself, go to the movies, basketball, football games by myself, etc, etc..

i went to the museum the other day by myself and it was great.. plus the attention u get from single ladies.