Archive 81 on Netflix

Daps
This was fairly entertaining, albeit saddled by a number of contrivances. The writing was a mixed bag, the story veering into too many corners that were conveniently escaped from in implausible fashion. A few of the reveals were also a bit too obvious, though some of the red herrings were clever. The acting was similarly spotty. There was no chemistry between the two leads, and their constant state of mania near the end started to grate. The supporting cast was a lot better. I particularly liked the little girl, his best friend, and the main villain. But the concept kept me hooked, and I’m definitely curious to see where it leads in the second season. Given how well it did, I’m assuming there will be one.

Jealous that he went back to 94. Amazing time to be alive.

:wow:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ahh man midnight mass was a snooze fest

Felt the same about Haunting of Hillhouse. Those Mike Flanagan ghost stories do nothing for me.

:snooze:

for real? This to me isn’t on the same as both those shows… it’s decent idk how it ends but… those 2 shows I give an 8/10 bly manor I give like a 4-5/10 and this so far gets a 7/10

Daps
for real? This to me isn’t on the same as both those shows… it’s decent idk how it ends but… those 2 shows I give an 8/10 bly manor I give like a 4-5/10 and this so far gets a 7/10
This has more mystery than those shows. I’ll give you that the Flanagan projects are more competently done and have better acting.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This has more mystery than those shows. I’ll give you that the Flanagan projects are more competently done and have better acting.
Mystery…? Again I haven’t seen the last episode so I’m not sure if there’s a season 2 or not but if it’s all 1 season then… just because everything gets revealed in episode 8 doesn’t give it more “mystery” that’s just the plot… plus there seems to be a lot riding on this last episode to tie in things so… yeah

Daps
Mystery…? Again I haven’t seen the last episode so I’m not sure if there’s a season 2 or not but if it’s all 1 season then… just because everything gets revealed in episode 8 doesn’t give it more “mystery” that’s just the plot… plus there seems to be a lot riding on this last episode to tie in things so… yeah
I mean, the last two eps are arguably rushed, but the first 6 had more questions than answers. We still don’t know the true motives behind Davenport’s commissioning of Daniel. Sam’s whereabouts are unknown. The nature of the Demon’s realm isn’t fully explored.

There is still a lot to mine.

:yeshrug:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It's based off a podcast, which has 3 seasons

I didn't go back and listen because I like the show more
Tried to listen to episode 1 and there's already a pretty big difference that the show xhanged for the better