AR-AB and Dark Lo: In His Prime, Beanie Sigel was Better Than Jay Z

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Beans was a fukkin beast. But theres only a handful of emcees fukkin wit PRIME Hov. And Beans ain't one of em.

we never got dope skilled prime hov.
he was already an old school way of thought bridge to the new school era legacy artist. By the time he was of skill to debut fr Fr on rd.

art barr

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of people can claim that and make a good case for it, but what they can't claim is Jays consistency.

That nikka been rhyming at an elite level for decades. fukk a peak if it means your best days are behind you.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Y'all wylin out in here. Specific examples of Beans being close to Jay's level as a mc?

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all wylin out in here. Specific examples of Beans being close to Jay's level as a mc?

He hung with him on every track they did together.

But I think that's the problem with these type of comparisons.

The truth is put up Beans best 20 verses up against Hov best 20 verses and Jay wins easy.

Daps
Like...on tracks together beans would outrap him, but hov always had better songs and bars overall when beams had his run. Beans dont got sht like lyrical exercise allure threat dynasty intro etc. Another thing is Hov was also good at being an elite rapper while making high quality music. Beans best shyt is the truth and that shyt would be like hov's 5th best album

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nah but the separation between them wasn't very wide.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
real spit. but why not atleast give beans a verse?

i always felt like Hov saw beans’ tru potential and subtly hindered him from becoming as big as he could’ve. of coarse hov did put him in position to make millions,,but only if it made hov more millions in the process.

clearly beans’ drug addiction and legal troubles hindered him more but that’s just my take on shyt.

Never understood why people would want a person that built himself up with hard work and dedication

Only to move completely out the way for someone else to shine

Like move out to way stop doing what you love and worked hard for

So someone else to to take your spot

Nah I will help but I'm not giving you the platform I made for myself

You got the ally go dunk it

But I'm still gonna play

:ehh:

Can you imagine beans with Jay dedication?

Says it all in this song

I didn't like it too much because of the hook but it makes sense

Last edited:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beans could hold his own with jay but as far as pure technical ability? Nah

And ofcourse we all know Hov made better music

blueprint and black album are better than any of beans albums and i hold beans albums in high regard

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What is true is that Jay-z is the gold standard. Anytime anyone wants to call someone a goat, they start by saying he’s better than Jay-z. Or he’s the Jay-z is Philly, Jay-z of the south. Synonymous with goat, like Bill Gates is synonymous with billionaire.

As far as the topic goes, Beans could go bar for bar with anyone, but he could not craft enough songs like goats or an album like a goat. The Jadakiss syndrome.