Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They really need to move the film up. Disney moved Mary poppins to the same day,and you also have bumblebee,alita dropping that day,Holmes and watson dropping a few days later.

It’s not even garaunteed this movie goes #1 on a weekend that packed. Imagine how much fun the media will have with that.

Move it up 2 weeks. Why make this harder on the film?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

'Aquaman': How Black Manta and Arthur Curry’s Feud Begins in the Movie

Today DC Films made its first big push to promote Aquaman before San Diego Comic-Con kicks off, releasing a slew of set visit reports, as well as the official poster and story synopsis for the film. Comicbook.com was lucky enough to be on set for Aquaman, and we were able to learn a lot of exciting new insights into director James Wan's solo film adaptation of the character.

One of the biggest points of interest in Aquaman has been the inclusion of Arthur Curry/Aquaman's longtime comic book nemesis, Black Manta. Manta will be played in the film by Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Netflix's The Get Down), and while on set we got to learn how the film will explain the origin of the Aquaman/Black Manta feud!

According to Abdul-Mateen II, Black Manta (aka "David Kane") has a very personal grudge against Aquaman, as the actor explains:

"We meet Black Manta at a time where ... he's riding on high. He's just come off of his wind, and there's a changing of the guards, so to speak. And then, this guy, Aquaman, comes in, and crashes the party.... so, we meet him at a time when he's just, he's on top and then, bam, immediately, an event happens, and he's at the bottom... And then, from then on, you know, "It's Aquaman's fault!" He has very little else to live for, and so it becomes that revenge story."

black-manta-abdul-mateen-991693.png

There were some hints as to how the story plays out, with Abdul-Mateen II hinting that Manta's chance to strike at Aquaman will be the job that might fully bring the villain into his own:

"For Black Manta, it's not necessarily bad to be given an opportunity to obey, 'I just got this promotion, let me go prove myself, and step myself up and, you know, step it up once more.' So, in that confrontation, I'd like to think that Black Manta's very excited about, 'Okay, what it going to be like? This is that guy from around the way, who I've been hearing all these things about. And he's supposed to be a badass, and now is my time to go show him who the real badass is around these parts.'"

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Two-Thirds Of The Movie Takes Place Underwater

According to JoBlo's set visit report, two-thirds of James Wan's Aquaman will take place underwater. The story will feature much of Arthur Curry's home, Atlantis. Learning that he is the heir to the thrown, he must step forward to take his place as the leader of his people, forgoing his choice to be a hero to the world. The underwater metropolis will be unlike anything fans have seen before. In order for the film to achieve this look, actors were often harnessed and attached to wires, with, at times, 10 crew members maneuvering the actors during scenes. The people of Atlantis will feature a new look, too. Living underwater, Atlantean citizens have enhanced physical features and thrive underwater, but that does not make them immune to their own technology.

The look of the Atlantean people will even extend to their armor. Reminiscent of elements from the Elvish people in the Lord of the Rings series, colorful armor and weaponry will also be a staple of the film's underwater look. Additionally, some of those weapons include underwater guns and various other weaponry working around the element of water. During the filming process, Wan worked diligently to ensure the look of the underwater world was believable for fans of the comic.

Wan and DC will be introducing the first underwater superhero film to the genre. Noting how much time and energy Wan and his team put into just the aesthetics of the project, fans will no doubt be given quite the unique experience. The Aquaman series has a very distinct look, unlike anything else in the DC movie series. Wan's film could, very well, set itself apart from other DC entries that have been met with little success and have a distinct, visual darkness to them. With Aquaman, DC fans will be welcomed to bold colors, new character looks, and a completely different world as they follow Arthur Curry to Atlantis.

:banderas: