SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to seeing this, it was dope. Dialogue was a little cheesy, but it worked somehow with the style of the movie, never got too serious but never got too campy. Just well rounded. I would put this in the same category as GOTG 1 and ragnarok Which in my opinion are the two most enjoyable marvel movies. Not as good, but it holds it own.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this the other day surprisingly not bad, the fight sequences were really well done, the Sahara desert was a standout. The final act became a cliche explosive mess which was hard to follow and Black Mantra was a side note didn't relate to his vengeful nature and came across as trying to hard but solid movie nonetheless.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Aquaman is a Epic mythical adventure on a LOTR levels, everything is perfect on this,,,this film has outstanding re-watch value.

9c7.gif

Better than sex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to watching this.

Only about half way through it....did anyone notice the two Lovecraft references? shyt had me like :ohhh: because it was totally unexpected.

Fred.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The Dolby Atmos soundtrack is top notch, since they were speaking underwater there was a extra layer of bass rattling throughout the house constantly.

Didn’t care for the flick though, movie was a weird mashup of other movies. It damn near turned into the mummy in the middle of the flick.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What were the lovecraft references?

In the opening 10 minutes or so when they show his father's house, he has a copy of Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" sitting on his coffee table. It's about a woman that gets pregnant by an alien god and gives birth to a deformed, outcast child.

When Black Manta first attacks in his new suit the first thing he says is "loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men."

That's taken directly from the last paragraph in "The Call Of Cthulhu":

Cthulhu still lives, too, I suppose, again in that chasm of stone which has shielded him since the sun was young. His accursed city is sunken once more, for the Vigilant sailed over the spot after the April storm; but his ministers on earth still bellow and prance and slay around idol-capped monoliths in lonely places. He must have been trapped by the sinking whilst within his black abyss, or else the world would by now be screaming with fright and frenzy. Who knows the end? What has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise. Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men. A time will come—but I must not and cannot think! Let me pray that, if I do not survive this manuscript, my executors may put caution before audacity and see that it meets no other eye.
:wow:

Fred.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
saw this over the weekend. visually great. Aquaman's acting is trash. :yeshrug:You can tell they scale his lines back. Dude was trying to be too cool. But other than that, I didn't see a problem with the movie. Glad they jumped right out the gate with an expanded ocean world. They did a good job of explaining their past.