Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I wanna see this again.

Only thing weird about it was the music and those explosions every time a fight was about to happen lol

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday, I gave one of my students an Aquaman coloring sheet. Kid gave him brown hair and dark skin.

Aquaman is gonna be a person of color for the next generation.

I can see that happening.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I watched this and imma say this respectfully but I’ll never understand the appeal of these marvel/dc movies. For the most part, they follow the same formula with stories that aren’t written very well. Obviously there are some notable exceptions.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched this and imma say this respectfully but I’ll never understand the appeal of these marvel/dc movies. For the most part, they follow the same formula with stories that aren’t written very well. Obviously there are some notable exceptions.
It's just like comic books. They (superhero DC and Marvel comics) generally are formulaic but you aren't reading them because you expect Pulitzer Prize winning literature, but for the action, art, and character investment. They aren't for everyone but the ones who are into them are deeply invested

reigun

Superstar
Daps
The films are mostly focused on the main characters internal struggles.
Right. It's superhero stories. None of them are ever actually in danger unless the story is specifically about them dying. Even in the comics, it's always about the characters, their relationships, and personal struggles. The fighting and power levels are incidental. It feel as though people try to look at these characters through the lens of shounen anime sometimes, where the fighting is the character development.

Complaining about power levels in comics never made sense to me because all these characters are built to overcome whatever odds are thrown at them. The only difference between Captain America and Thor is that with the latter you might have to swap out AKs for laser guns. Narratively speaking, the two are always in the same amount of trouble because the conflict is designed to meet them where they are. It's why Ultron's forces didn't just squash Cap like wet tissue paper or fall apart in Thor's mere presence.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
While we are on the topic, Wonder Woman and most DC movies are TRASH because the hero tends to be WILDLY MORE POWERFUL than 90% of the enemies in the films.

This is why people like batman. Dude is just a man. A heavily injured and scarred man. All his enemies are WAY STRONGER THAN HIM.

Aquaman said it best "I been getting my ass kicked ever since I went looking for this trident."

That is a quest story. The hero should be the underdog. Even the regular Atlantean guard whipped his ass. Had him locked up from a couple of regular grunts. GRUNTS HOMIE. GRUNTS.

Aquaman was the first DC film that gave a shyt about a fukking narrative.

Wonder Woman was about a stupid girl who is a fukking god beating up world war 1 tech infantry that literally can shoot her dead in the face and not even hurt her. It is why NO ONE that isn't a weeb likes Superman. Dude is crazy overpowered and corny

Wait, you're the breh that produced his own comic right? Could have sworn I contributed to some dude named Sands. :BiggumsSpeculation:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
988milli, should pass a billi after today or after tomorrow but looks like it'll lose the top spot to THE UPSIDE, that's dope for Kev Heart.

'Aquaman' Ready for Fourth Week at #1; 'Dog's Way Home' & 'Upside' Compete for Runner-Up - Box Office Mojo
Here's one takeaway from this news: No one has a lower opinion of Aquaman than comic book and superhero fans. For all the talk about how he was this big joke for years, comic nerds never stopped to think they were the only ones perpetuating those jokes. One takeaway from this movie's continued success is that Aquaman was never the hard sell to the mainstream we made him out to be because, apparently, most mainstream audiences never had an opinion on Aquaman. People who aren't immersed in this stuff just wanted to see a cool movie and didn't know shyt about the character.

Honestly, you could apply that to most comic properties besides Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man. We're were the ones doubting movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. We were the ones who thought Wonder Woman would need to be significantly changed to work in a film. We're the ones who have such an inferiority complex about comics, games, anime, etc that we think they're too out there for mainstream audiences, even when they're something that's already super popular like superheroes. Aquaman should be the movie that puts that idea to bed, but I know it won't be.

Last edited: