Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Peter David started the whole "badass Aquaman the underwater Barbarian King" thing in the early 1990s...that Sub-Mariner book didn't come out until 2008.
8ff24hP.jpg

And the Momoa look is actually based off of the way Aquaman looked during that time (aside from not giving him the hook in place of a hand).
ZO0isgz.jpg

:wow:

beautiful shut down

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just heard from my co-worker that his cousin's nephew's classmate's neighbor told him this movie needs to earn whatever the US's debt is next year to break even plus reduce the oceanic pollution by half to please WB execs.

DC in trouble brehs :lupe:
I wonder what are the $ expectations for this film since you are brining it up? :jbhmm:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I love how to make Aquaman cool they're making him more like Namor :mjlol::mjlol:

Talking about a horror spin n more of a Wolverine like feel to him. shyt sounds JUST LIKE that Namor series, The Depths

188a2ebeb710da6d10034d1c3c36c01e_xl.jpg

I loved this book - definitely my first choice storyline for a Namor film.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Peter David started the whole "badass Aquaman the underwater Barbarian King" thing in the early 1990s...that Sub-Mariner book didn't come out until 2008.
8ff24hP.jpg

And the Momoa look is actually based off of the way Aquaman looked during that time (aside from not giving him the hook in place of a hand).
ZO0isgz.jpg

Im well aware of those books. But the cartoon was what had more of an influence from those.

The nikka has black hair now for christs sake just like Namor, and doesnt have the hook. Not to mention those dont have the horror theme the Aquaman director was talking about like the Namor book, hell, his cameo in BvS looked literally STRAIGHT OUTTA The Depths.

images

7dcf00744fb5d0ee0d6f7f41e11e8993.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Im well aware of those books. But the cartoon was what had more of an influence from those.

The nikka has black hair now for christs sake just like Namor, and doesnt have the hook. Not to mention those dont have the horror theme the Aquaman director was talking about like the Namor book, hell, his cameo in BvS looked literally STRAIGHT OUTTA The Depths.

images

7dcf00744fb5d0ee0d6f7f41e11e8993.jpg
Jason Momoa's hair isn't black.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In real life yeah but it's darker for the role

I cant wait for the movie, but come on now. It's obvious cues are being taken from namor for this movie :yeshrug:
Its not darker in the movies though:

You seem to be making all of your assumptions based off of one underwater video scene.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Its not darker in the movies though:

You seem to be making all of your assumptions based off of one underwater video scene.

I mean it is the ONLY underwater scene we've seen of an semi AQUATIC super hero.

And im not just talking about that, i'm talking about the directors words of the movies theme. Yes it takes cues from the more badass renditions of Aquaman, but he specifically said there would be an "horror" element. What Aquaman stories had horror elements? I know for a fact Namor did recently. When i saw BvS with my bro, even he said that Aquaman cameo reminded him of this Namor story he read(The Depths), which was more of a "horror", 10 Thousand Leagues under the sea rendition of Namor.

shyt i really wanted MCU to adapt The Depths, it's an awesome story. But now DCEU beat them to it by using their shyt :francis:

I fux with this movie, but still it's like, damn:upsetfavre:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean it is the ONLY underwater scene we've seen of an semi AQUATIC super hero.

And im not just talking about that, i'm talking about the directors words of the movies theme. Yes it takes cues from the more badass renditions of Aquaman, but he specifically said there would be an "horror" element. What Aquaman stories had horror elements? I know for a fact Namor did recently. When i saw BvS with my bro, even he said that Aquaman cameo reminded him of this Namor story he read(The Depths), which was more of a "horror", 10 Thousand Leagues under the sea rendition of Namor.

shyt i really wanted MCU to adapt The Depths, it's an awesome story. But now DCEU beat them to it by using their shyt :francis:

I fux with this movie, but still it's like, damn:upsetfavre:
Umm new 52 aquaman had horror elements breh . You don't read aquaman clearly . James wan is a known horror director so yes he'd have horror elements and he also didn't have any say in the b vs s scene as he was busy with conjuring 2. Stop reaching

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Umm new 52 aquaman had horror elements breh . You don't read aquaman clearly . James wan is a known horror director so yes he'd have horror elements and he also didn't have any say in the b vs s scene as he was busy with conjuring 2. Stop reaching

New 52 Aquaman came a good 3 years after The Depths :skip:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New 52 Aquaman came a good 3 years after The Depths :skip:
So? It had horror elements and you asked which Aquaman story had horror elements . Your trying to say that one scene means it's copying the depths when nothing in JL footage reinforces that

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
So? It had horror elements and you asked which Aquaman story had horror elements . Your trying to say that one scene means it's copying the depths when nothing in JL footage reinforces that

Where do you think New 52 Aquaman got the horror elements from breh:francis:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where do you think New 52 Aquaman got the horror elements from breh:francis:
You didn't read it stop it, and anyway you have no idea what is in the movie as Snyder filmed that scene without the directors input . You don't know what the actual horror elements would be

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
You didn't read it stop it, and anyway you have no idea what is in the movie as Snyder filmed that scene without the directors input . You don't know what the actual horror elements would be

We'll see cus he's been feeling Namorish since the first reveal.